Do you believe in fate or soulmates?

Lately, I have been watching a lot of cliche, cheesy, and romantic movies. I strongly believe one day I will find an amazing guy who will love me more than anything, respect me, cherish me and deeply care about me. We will share an inexplicable connection upon our very first meeting. God has already blessed me with a wonderful dad and a very over-protective brother who loves me to death. Do you guys ever feel that way? Am I just being naive?

Most Helpful Guy

• in my in my opinion, I use to believe that stuff. not so much now. I guess maybe because I've had 2 horrible relationships. that I lost all that sense of true love and such.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think so. What's meant to be, will find a way. Who you marry may not be your soulmate, but I do believe that you have one. Maybe you even have many, so that life finds its way.

If not a soulmate, then definitely somebody you're meant to be with (at least at time). In my experience, I met somebody with the most beautiful mind, who I connected with instantly, and we just so happen to go to the same school and live right next door. I feel like there's something special (if not a soulmate) meant for everybody.

What Guys Said 30

• No, you are 100% right. God WILL provide you with the man of your dreams. But the road to get there is NOT all flowers and fun. In fact, it is going to be humiliating, difficult, and painful at times.

I am 36 years old, and because I screwed around sexually I damaged my ability to love as God intended. Sexual abuse didn't help, either. God is in the process of restoring me.

I will give you the advice I learned the hard way.

Do NOT have sex until after you are married. Not after you are engaged, not a moment before the honeymoon. IF you save your virginity it will be a special gift you will give your husband that will matter more than money. Because you cannot buy your virginity back once you've lost it.

Do not listen to this evil, foolish world that tells you to get your virginity over with. It is a precious gift you will never get back, even though most people want it back.

Bottom line, do not give any man sex until you're married. Most men want sex and sex alone, so if they try to make out with you, you know that's what they want. They will leave you if you do not give in. It will hurt, and you will feel worthless, ashamed, and hurt, but it is for the better. Keep your purity. Keep your virginity for the man GOD has for you and he will be grateful to you. It will bond you to him forever.

If you want the closest thing to a fairytale life, and a fairytale man, keep yourself pure. One day it will pay off.

• I completely agree with everything you wrote. The only person worthy of my love, affection and virginity will be my husband, not a "boyfriend".

• It isn't going to be easy. Pray, and ask God for the guidance, strength, and most of all, wisdom. Remember what the Bible says: The heart is deceitful above all things, Who can know it?" Learn to trust your gut instincts above your heart. Your gut is ALWAYS right. Your heart is wrong most of the time. However, the day WILL come, as long as you are in Gods will, when your gut and your heart will both say, "HE IS THE ONE!" There will be perfect peace, and a godly understanding that you will know, because you have been following God all of your life. I believe in you. you CAN do it. It's not easy. But it IS worth it. <3 God Bless You, hon. May He keep your path safe, may you find peace and rest.

• Even if it were true, I wouldn't want to believe in fate. That'd be saying I have the possible pre-determined life that may be awful or whatnot. If I have a destined track in life I don't want, I want to be able to escape it.

That being said, I wish I could believe in something like soulmates-- that there was one true person out there waiting for you to meet... And if you keep trying, you'll find the person.
    However, I see it this way:
    You could take everyone in the world and rank them in terms of compatibility for yourself. A soulmate, by definition, would be the perfect match, hence the highest compatible person. The chances of meeting that person are statistically incredibly rare. That being said, our lives can still find fulfillment with someone who ranks not at the top.

----
    I guess I'm pessimistic when it comes to love because it is technically just a series of psychological phenomenon that happen in the brain with some chemicals involved. Our "types" and personalities are a bit of evolutionary coding mixed with social conditioning.
    (I. e. We may say that we find people with ideal hip to waist ratios as more attractive from evolutionary reasons, but we find brunettes better than blondes because of social conditioning... Like maybe it subconsciously reminds of that nice lady from our childhood... And we associate nice with brunette hair)
    -----
    I wish I could believe I'd find the perfect one/soul mate, but instead I feel like I'm mostly searching for the best one I can.
    Love is like a really complex game of poker. We bet on a card (aka the girl). If we like the cards, we keep betting until we are all in (committed for life). Sometimes the hand isn't good for us and we lose all our cash and we have to start again when we have funds (heartbreak). Sometimes we fold on the cards to try with a better hand next round (we breakup).
    It's like life's big calculated risk. I guess it isn't very romantic lol

• Fate? No, because “There is no fate except that which we make for ourselves.” Somethings will always be beyond our control, but we can still choose and decide whom and what we want to do and be,

Soulmates? I do not believe the concept of soulmates.

• I don't, I believe that there's someone who can "fit" us due to personality and stuff, but it doesn't magically happen and perhaps we'll never find this person. It's nice you believe that, but keep your thoughts clear, don't expect too much from people or you'll get very disappointed in your life, everyone will fail occasionally (I don't mean cheating when I say fail).

• You aren't naive, and I hope it happens for you, but it's by no means a certainty. Lots of good people go through life without ever meeting a soulmate.

I was fortunate to meet and fall in love with my soulmate, but it didn't happen until I was 34.

• man that's some bs

first of all you have to be attracted to them physically and emotionally and they have to be attracted to you physically and emotionally

THEN you actually have to find them and at the right time... they could be in fucking Uruguay for all you know and when the hell are you going to go to Uruguay?

So basically it depends on

attraction
    time and place

assuming this person exists do you know how lucky you would have to be in order for these requiremnts to be met?

this shit isn't easy

• Fate implies it's something that happens to you, regardless of what you do.

In real life world that's not how it works - if you spend your days locked up in your room waiting for that guy to serenade you from the ground floor, then you might have to wait for quite some time.

But if you're open and meet new people and try new things, then of course, you'll one day find that amazing guy you really want!!

• I mean a soul mate doesn't necessarily mean they have to be your lover. They can be your friend or best friend , it could be your cousin or whatever the case is. But I believe you can have more than one soul mate it isn't about them finding you or anything. I feel as though you and your soul mate just mesh together , you compromise with one another and learn things from each and teach each other new things.

• I used to, and I am somewhat unreasonably lucky most of the time, but it seems to be more the power of intuition than any type of predetermination. Not sure though! Everything goes towards the optimum, after all.

• That's actually an interesting statement. Like Platonic Ideal Types or Archetypes. Maybe we're ultimately trying to reach some ideal, as the soul progresses.

• I don't know if I believe BUT I do hope in it. Soulmates that is. Fate is a whole other matter.

• Not soul mates but fate maybe

• nope

• I used to think soul mates were predestined, but I have a feeling that constant creation keeps creating compatible matches for you based on who you are internally at that time. I could be wrong.

• You aren't naive, you are blessed with a good life. And yes, we're always drawn to our demise/fates. Soulmates aren't always likely to find each other though.

• I didn't used to actually but after some personal experiance with god I'm starting to.

• I don't believe in either of those things.

• You just being naive. Hated when girl say as soul mate. We belong to you, or some god make us together. You go get what you want and pick you want. Soul mate are for lazy people, and are terrible for DATing.

• Fate somewhat, but soul mates? No.

• If this was true girls on dating sites wouldn't be saying I want a guy near me on their profile.

• I want to believe...

• No one has ever provided a objective, scientific evidence there's such thing as fate or soulmate.

• that is why it'a called a belief

• No you are appselutly right i hope i can find a girl who would be like that, id treat her like the princess she is, it may take a while but Gods workin, it might be kinda hard to find one thatll tolerate me lol.

• I think some people are just better at screening potential partners and more willing to break up with people who aren't right for them.

• soulmates. there are those who don't, but, the declining of marriages suggests differently.

• Sole mates

• You're being naive.

Your soulmate isn't someone walking around out there waiting to be found.

Your soulmate is someone who falls in love with you, respects and cherishes you, who you also love and cherish, where you want a similar enough life, and worth together to build it. Over time with love and shared experience and goals, you become soulmates.

• yes they exist. not in the movie sense. more like god choosing a good wife for you and preselecing you two to be together

• I don't believe in fate, I think you make your own way in life. In terms of soulmates, there probably is one for everyone but with 7 billion people in this world, what are the chances of your TRUE soulmate living in the same town as you?

• I seriously don't know ;(

• I believe in multiple ideal partners (or soulmates). However 'fate' thing is pure bullshit.

What Girls Said 35

• I believe that there are several people out there for everyone, not just 'the one.' In other words, everyone has more than one possible soulmate. It is very unlikely that out of almost 7.5bn people in the world there is only 1 person out there to be considered your only soulmate. I don't know, that's just my opinion :)

• I absolutely believe this. I didn't till I met my boyfriend who I'm 100% certain is my soulmate. Everything has just been different since meeting him and I've dated many guys now. It's just something I know. You feel a certain feeling that you've never felt before and it's one of those feelings that leaves you completely at peace with everything.

• Well, I dont know about soulmates but yes I do believe there is a guy out there who I can click with. Now, am not saying that it would be perfect or that he would fall inlove at first glance but I believe there is someone out there for everyone. Know this though, to get the good things in life, we have to work hard. So meeting Mr. right, will take some effort on out parts, only 1 in a million chances he would just ride up to our doors and sometimes we go looking for him and not realising he was right next door : a neighbour, a best friend, a teacher (oh yes I have seen some cases)

• I used to, totally, once upon a time. I believed my ex-husband and I were made for each other, and that God had put us together. Not only that, but as we planned our wedding every detail just seemed to fall into place. It was "meant to be."

Not.

Looking back, I was incredibly naive and foolish. I got myself in for fifteen years of heartache and disillusionment that eventually killed my faith. Even if we weren't "soul mates" couldn't God fix us and make our marriage work? That's what the preachers said. I thought i didn't have enough faith. I thought I hadn't prayed hard enough. I thought I wasn't being the wife he needed me to be. I thought God just needed to "touch his heart."

I finally realized that he was who he was, and I am who I am, and nothing is going to change that. We fit together like a fish and a bicycle. We were totally different personalities from totally different backgrounds. While there were some things that we did well together, mostly we just rubbed each other the wrong way. It was like walking on broken glass all the time.

My point: God didn't have anything to do with it, nor did fate. I got myself into the situation and eventually had to admit it was a failure and get myself out.

Now I believe that WE CHOOSE who to be with. There is no "one person". It's mathematically impossible for there to be someone for EVERYONE on the planet.

You create your fate. You pick your destiny. Very few people find the perfect mate, but if you find a really good one you can learn to be perfect for each other.

• I believe in soulmates. I believe there's that someone for everyone of us. I believe there's someone who's just like us, and who, without even saying anything, will understand us. Have you ever seen someone in the subway, or at a restaurant, and they were also looking at you and just like that, with that tiny little look, you felt your whole body freeze and your mind race? And i'm not even talking about physical attraction. It happened to me with an averate guy. What I mean is just that feeling as if your soul has recognized its equal. It's weird and rare and mindblowing.

• Well, one summer (I was 18) I decided to live at my aunt’s house and get a job there which was a state away from me. I went to dinner with her and we had a really cute waiter. A week passed and I decided I would try to get a job there as a busser to make some quick cash. I got the job and was introduced to the waiter from the week before and we were both pretty clumsy. I would often ask when he was in and I was told he did the same. 3 months had passed and I was about to return home after the summer and to just try my luck I asked him out on a date on the beach. We immediately hit it off and that evening we were inseparable even though I was leaving soon. Now 2 years later we are still going strong and couldn’t be happier although our relationship is still long distance now that I’m at school.

So, to answer your question, yes I do believe there are such things as soulmates, but don’t wait on him, be proactive and try at it yourself! You’ll know when you meet the right guy, they are out there but some are more concealed than others :D I wish you the best of luck!

TL/DR; Couple met unsuspecting at a restaurant and against odds are still together to this day, which strongly suggests belief in soulmates

• I hope to believe it but I doubt it.

• I'm not sure I believe in the connection happening right away. I think everyone needs time to get to know each other and to find a connection. But I do think there is a right person for everyone and that I'll find a guy one day that loves me and makes me really happy. :) the movies aren't all wrong. They just exaggerate and speed up the process of falling in love.

• I'm a big softie, I'm going w/ soul mate's. Most people who say fate just gave up on love. With that being said I'm still buying cat nip soon

• Yes, I believe in soulmates. That is not to say that they will be absolutely perfect, as no one is, but they will be able to relate to you on so many levels and you'll just feel right with them.

• I'm a proponent of determinism, which I suppose you could say is similar to fate. I'm not really into soulmates and terms like that, though.

• No I don't

• No I don't, I believe there are multiple partners for everyone out there. I think you're gonna miss out on great things if you expect to have an "inexplicable connection upon your first meeting" that's just not realistic.

• I don't know maybe. I used to a lot when I was younger. Now I feel like Im less naive and more in check with reality.

• I believe in fate and soul mates, each woven together with other fates like a cloth. but I am just a gullible, naive little girl so I cannot tell you.

• I believe in the three true loves theory at most.

• Sure. But just watch out for players. They know what to say to make you feel like you're in love with them. It's good u have kind guys already, but plenty of men only act nice...

• No and fuck no

• I think people have multiple soulmates over the course of their lives. But I do believe in a one true love. Out of those multiple people there's gonna be one who you loved the most and won't forget.

• Do I believe in fairytales you mean? No.

• Yaaaaas but I believe that you can only have that soulmate/fate if you believe in it! Because If you don't believe in it how could it ever exist?

• I believe in fate to an extent but not soul mates

• i find it hard to believe but I believe things happen for a reason.

• I think there is soulmate but not guarantee find person 😥😶

• Yes 100%

• I believe that there are multiple people that you can be happy with. Fate us weird for me. Like some things will happen, but when it comes to our choices, I think we can make those ourselves.

• I've never met my soulmate. But anything can happen at any moment. I don't know.

• i believe in fate, everything will happen if its meant to, maybe even finding a soulmate or two.

• no you are not being naive i believe this too!

• I strongly believe in them. Just like I strongly believe I've met mine.

• More from Girls
    5