Guys, Why do men (I have only dated Indian guys till now) find intelligent women to be a turn off?

Many guys have told me that they thought I am a "dumb blonde " and so they thought of going out with me until they found otherwise 😬😬😬😤😤 😒

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Absolutely not intellect in a woman of any race or culture is a very sexy thing indeed. The thought of being able to go out for a meal and have a real in-depth conversation with her is actually quite scintillating. Whilst I never try to knock or put someone down due to low intellect. It's very hard work when you have to start and search to be able to keep the conversation going with little or no input from the other side.

What Guys Said 19

• Those men were jerks. You aren't even 'blonde'!

I am personally attracted to intelligent women. In fact, Intelligence in a woman is a bigger draw for me than her looks or anything else.

Intelligence CAN be intimidating to some men, if they are the type ho do not want women they date to be more intelligent than them

• Hahahaha I know... But they just meant it in a derogatory term you know... Like how some people say blondes are dumb and stupid stuff like that...

• Well... what can we possibly do? Human idiocy knows no limits, and this is just an example of that? :P

• Yes I guess lol

• 1. ha ha ha ha a classic case of guys 'demanding rather than commanding'
    2. Guys like to get their ego boosted by being the uncrowned king at all times
    3. If you are talking about Indian guys then they are nurtured to think that (I'm not referring to the global internet savvy GAGer types here) they are god's gift to mankind and the woman is born to serve them
    4. I've known even intelligent, confident and outgoing girls pamper their rather dumb man (who I've known to get slaughtered in meetings) as the emperor.
    5. Nothing wrong with that but even the guy should realize certain things as a realist than using his alter ego at home or with his girl. And the girl must realize that she is the one responsible when he gets too much upper hand.
    6. Indians apart most intelligent and confident girls dating any race or ethnicity get sidelined because the basic male ego doesn't want to belittled 'by a woman' - that's how nature's created us :)
    7. Being intelligent isn't the problem just so long as she isn't the upstaging kind in public. Intelligence in a girl turns me on but being upstaged all the time is a deal breaker for me :)

• by the way the term 'dumb blonde' isn't a very good or flattering thing to say especially when you aren't blonde yourself :)

• That's a derogatory term and he meant it to demean me ofcourse! I'm not saying that blondes are dumb but he used it in that aspect!!!

• Exactly! :) that he used it in that manner isn't a very nice thing to say about womanhood on the whole

• I want someone that is pleasant to be around, not some hard bitch with a PhD from Harvard. Intelligent girls can be laid back and have a sense of humor, but most ambitious girls are quite the opposite.

If you want an easy reference to what I find completely unsexy, walk into Wells Fargo or Chase and talk to a female manager. Very uptight, conservative, and scripted. And they even ask what I'm going to do this weekend. Cute, that's right off the training guide!

• Yes I know what you mean... But try being an educated woman in a Patriarchial society and you would know what I meant:)

• Oh, your situation is very different. You'd greatly benefit by moving to a Western country. There is no better time to be a woman in the US, and a few European countries.

• Thank you for the suggestion:)

• If you throw your intellectual superiority in people's face, that could be a problem. If not, then maybe India needs more time to adapt to feminism (the good kind). It could be that guys need to be providers and protectors and don't like not having the bigger salary or being the most brilliant in the couple.

• Ahhh you don't know the perks of being an educated woman in a Patriarchial society my dear😎

• Hehehe.
      Well, if I am going to let you operate on me, I want to make sure you make good decisions. It is worth it to think about it twice... or thrice 😊

• Hahahaha it is necessary... Indeed 😎😉

• I prefer smart women, I like their wit and the discussions are more interesting. I like a woman that has her own goals and her opinion about things, as long as she is not so opinionated it is overbearing.

It has to be a combination of book smart and common sense smart though. I have met quite a few women that are intelligent when it comes to their career, but give them a problem that requires common sense, and it just does not prevail.

• Hahahaha yes I know what you mean. Sometimes intelligent people can be a bit side tracked when it comes to common sense 😬

• I haven't met a guy that says intelligent women are a turn off, matter of fact, those with smart girlfriends usually brag about them.
    I would love to date an intelligent girl.

• This will sound bad but traditionally Indian culture doesn't exactly promote women as being much more than housekeepers and babymakers. Intelligence tends to interfere with obedience.
    Personally I find intelligence very attractive, I have tried dating dumb girls and I just couldnt do it.

• Thank you and seriously I'm done with Indian men for good (not trying to sound disrespectful at all) ... They are just not my forte...

• Guys who want an easy lay look for dumb girls but men who want a relationship look for intelligent women.

• Thanks guess I haven't met the right one yet

• I was actually being sarcastic. Didn't know you were speaking of experiences related to arranged marriage guys.

• No it's okay... Yes I was talking about those guys but nobody would understand that so I changed the lingo a bit. Even my ex boyfriends were intimidated and hated the fact that I have opinions lol
      It's better to be single, seriously!!!

• Competition I guess when having an intelligent one and you make it hard for them to be right about anything , guys don't like that

• I get what you mean, but please don't generalize all men when saying stuff like that. I personally find intelligent woman to be really attractive. I guess it just kind of suggests (in a good way) that she is slightly independent and doesn't need to depend on a guy all the time for help. She can take charge in a situation and get stuff done.

To answer your question, I think (some) men find intelligent women to be a turn off because they want to be smarter than her and get conscious if they look stupid compared to a woman, and they want to be the "knight in shining armor" that gets to save/help out the girl. I don't know, it's just what I think.

• No I didn't generalize every man. I just spoke about the men that I went out with!!!

• I'm attracted to intelligent women. Stupidity is a turn off. by the way your eyes are awesome! Are you studying archeology?

• Because they are dumb, and thus, feel threatened by your intelligence

• I can't see how intelligence can be unattractive.
    They probably had ego issues.

• Intelligence definitely is a turn on! I would love to have an intelligent conversation with a girl! As long as she makes time for me, and her studies/work/friends/hobbies. All about time management.

I'm Indian, and some Indian men act this way, due to their cultural upbringing. To them, women are objects (NOT to me), and western acting women (who sleep around, drink, party, etc.) are sluts who will sleep around. They also put women on the pedestal since they're split apart from non-relative women from birth until grad school (if they come to USA). Then they start acting creepy and relentless. Being smart, but socially retarted STEM majors doesn't help either

India is a conservative society that MUST be changed.

• Okay seriously what exactly did you mean? by western acting women did you mean women who are educated, smart and independent? Who won't take disrespect from any guy? I'm confused as to whether you're a misogynist or did write something good 🤔🤔🤔
      Enlighten me please

• I did. and I explained the case for Indian men. They believe they're superior to Indian women (I'm Indian-American and I do NOT think like them)

• But I guess you were talking about smoking, drinking and sleeping around stuff. Do you think derogatory about western women or women in particular? Anyway back to my question, I asked about INTELLIGENCE, which has nothing to do about lifestyle. Anybody can say anything on the internet. I can say I am a hispanic. I hope you know what I mean.
      Intelligence is totally different than the lifestyle habits you were talking off. Please please understand the question before answering them or you may come across as the opposite of an intelligent person to the asker lol 😉

• Huh? I'm not sure what that even means but no, intelligence is not a turn off at all.

• Well something that I have been dealing with since long...

• I like intellectual women especially if they have a playful side to them. I like to joke around a lot I'm not in a serious mood very often. Gotta have humor :)

• I am not afraid of a more intelligent woman!! But being smart has lots of different ways.

• I don't think we do, if they are actually intelligent that is. A lot of those women who are eager to talk about their intelligence are pricks and not at all that intelligent often drawing parallels in between having a worthless degree and having high intelligence.

• That's a viewpoint of a misogynist too you know 🤔
      And what exactly is your bar for intelligence? Enlighten me please 😀

• A good indication of an intelligent person is that they don't call themselves and intelligent person, for example.

• Yes and also the fact that they can write proper English with no grammatical error 😂😂😂😆

• I don't find it to be a turn-off (in fact, quite the opposite). But, I do see where this can become a problem (according to my friends). Long story short, a smart girl is a "delicate girl". A "smart girl" would want a relationship, and a (for non-offensive purposes) "unintelligent" girl doesn't. A "smart girl" knows what she wants, and again, a "stupid girl" is someone that can easily be passed off. Granted, I've met "smart girls" so don't care about who they have sex with... so I'm going to assume they think you're the "unintelligent girl" in this case :)