I am 22 almost 23 and have never had a long term boyfriend what do I do?

It seems so silly to me that and a lot of people tell me I am attractive... I ger hit on by dozens of guys whenever I go out to the bar or club or anywhere but yet I can't land a boyfriend. In fact i was a virgin up until I was 22 and I felt so silly being one still I lost it to a random one night stand (who ended up dating me for a few months but i wasn't feeling it)

i just kinda want to what love feels like and i don't feel like I will find that ever. Also oh god how ironic I am feeling these things close to valentines day not cliche at all.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm in the same boat as you and I'm 26. I've dated, had sex, etc but no long term relationship or official girlfriend even. I guess it's better than nothing but it feels like I'm in a constant revolving door of dates and it's nothing to brag about.

My appearance isn't the issue as I get told I'm cute and funny but it's like I'll get all these dates but then the girl will either ignore me or just give generic replies, never initiate if they respond. And the worst part is I don't know what I'm doing that's making them flake.

• I'm not complaining because it's Valentine's Day and I'm single. I'd still be making this comment regardless of the day.

• Thanks for the most helpful guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Guys hit on you all the time in the bar and the club means that you must be attractive. Don't be questioning that. I think though its about meeting a guy in the right place. These guys you are meeting in a club or a bar are not going to be people you end up in a relationship with. Its possible, but less likely. They are looking to have a one night stand and thats why they hit on you. I just want to mention that I am in the same boat that I am curious as to what love feels like, but that is separate from being in a long term relationship. I had a boyfriend for a year and was not in love with him and he was not in love with me either, both of us didn't have the guts to break it off until much later. It was dumb. I also had a boyfriend for a month and we were not in love. I didn't have sex with either of them. Sex, love, and being in a relationship are all separate entities. You can be in love with someone, they can be in love with you and not be in a relationship for certain reasons. You can have sex and not be in a relationship. You can have sex in a relationship with no love. Having all three I think is what you want and thats what many of us all seek. Its all about looking in the right place for it and sometimes you can't try or do anything and it just happens. It usually happens when you least expect. A guy will ask you out, you date, fall in love, have sex, wedding or possibly could be in a different order. Just live each day in moment and focus on being you. Perhaps you give off the vibe of being desperate or you could also be too picky. Just think about all these things :)

What Guys Said 10

• If guys are hitting you up and you have no problems getting dates, what exactly is preventing you from turning one of them into a boyfriend? is it because you are too picky?

• Well, you have to work at it, honey. Love isn't like a Christmas present and there it is. You go out, meet guys, and then love develops over time - you keep dating the same guy and as long as you like each other decently, it will become love. It's not hard.

• 22 year old brah checkin in.. don't listen to my profile.

Love fucking sucks dude.. it's overrated.. Seriously nothing is worst than catching feels then getting into a relationship and breaking up then dealing with the depression that follow. Been in two relationships.. Wasted a lot of time on dumb sloots. Single is awesome dude embrace it. I'm waiting till I'm in my late twenties when I finish college before I ever attempt that shit again.

• Whoa! That pretty sad. ): I know the feeling.

• Now now! Come to apple. I always want hug guys who have sad story like that aww. If only I could split myself in billions hahah! (:

• Stop begin so damn sexists and accept your feeling! Just cuz your a guy doesn't mean you have to act a certain way. (: Stop the stereotype!

• Let me get this straight, you are 22 year old woman. you have never had a proper boyfriend. you are attractive and guys hit on you all the time? unless there is something specific or whatever you want in a guy. then i fail to see how you never been able to a man unless well. you are after a specific trait.

• It's very hard to understand what's going through your mind. Clearly you want companionship and love, but you never speak about desire. Hoq do you feel sexually? Aee you attracted to men?

• You scare the guys away by showing them you want to get serious too soon without even knowing each other. Consider change in strategy.

• Buy one online

• Are you ugly asf?

• I'm nearly 26 - year - old - virgin. there is hope yet. we can do this! lol

• Have more one night stands.

What Girls Said 11

• I think begin single is fun and you can be happy. When you get your heart broken by some guy you'll hate love for sure.

• I'm 24 1/2 and still haven't had sex or a boyfriend, and I'm still alive. It's not a big deal. Do things at your own pace and when they're right for you. And please... don't ever settle for dating a d-bag just for the sake of not being alone. That's one of the biggest mistakes I've made in my limited dating experience.

• Nah, you might just need that mental connection first. That was my issue (still is) Need to build that mental connection with the guy before you can get to physical then emotional. At least, with me anyway :)

• I'm 21 almost 22 and right there with you :) it's not that guys don't find me attractive or notice me, they just never take the time to get to know me. I don't have much advice, except this little bit of wisdom I read the other day. if it's meant to be, there's nothing you can do to mess it up. If it's not meant to be, there's nothing you can do to make it work.

So don't give up hope. We'll find our people soon enough and it'll be all the better for having waited :)

• Damn you're mixed up. You're doing fine. Why do you have to have a long-term boyfriend with potential marriage at such a young age? What is your rush? I think it's more about feeling good about yourself and is any one damn boy.

• @cmale123 you are certifiable and uneducated. One of those hillbilly guys who thinks that every woman who feels good about herself is a femme Nazi.. I will not go into my opinion of your psychologic dysfunction but let me lay it out on the line for you. You're afraid of women. You are more comfortable if a woman is on the your thumb. Your fear of women is glaring. What happened with your mother? Did your father beat her what did she beat you? I'm not gonna lash out at you because actually I feel sorry for you because any person who would get so angry as to tell me to shut the fark up when I'm trying to help this girl is truly a nutcase. I think Thorazine is probably the best medication for you. You need to ask your doctor for one prescription and see how it goes after two months. Tell me where you live and I'll try to arrange for you to see a therapist obviously not a woman you remind me of the joke the left ball says to the other," why should we be hanging Dick did all the shootin."

• I see you 48 years old and label yourself as a widower. Let's get real let's get honest, are you really a widower or did you kill her?

• Try finding a guy you like, and ask him out.

Get to know a guy better before you ask him out, so there's less chance of it being a one night stand.

Chances are you're not approaching guys, or you're too picky.

• You are that way because you haven't found the right person who makes clicks with you yet. Just cuz you haven't found the one doesn't mean you'll never find him. Just don't rush into feeling love.
    Always follow your instincts and listen to yourself. Don't let others influence your thinking. A lot of people who look like they have found love, haven't. You're honest with yourself an that's a good thing :)

• I feel ya girl. In my own experience, love is the trickiest thing in the world. It's awesome, and it's awful. Don't ever feel like you have had to experience anything by a certain age, I know it sounds cheesy, but it'll happen. Just make sure to have a solid sense of self and not let a relationship, or pursuit of a relationship completely take over your life.

• start dating... and see where it goes

• Me tooDon't worry ur not alone, be picky until the age 30
    In Saudi I don't need boyfriend to be married safer for my heart & time

• I'm 24 and I have never been in a long term relationship

I have only had 2 boyfriends