Why do guys check out and even try to flirt with women who are already on dates?

Do they do it partially because the guy she's with seems like a schmuck?

Most Helpful Guy

• The types who flirt with a girl on a date are fortunately in the minority but it's because they're dickheads, like vultures who think they deserve the girl more than the guy she's with.

Checking out a girl on a date is just kind of male instinct, forgivable.

• They're like a bunch of Elliot Rodgers or something lol.

• hahaha! lol

• please help me with my question? ^^;

Most Helpful Girl

• Well if you ever watch animals on pbs or discovery you see during mating season or when searching for a mate, they challenge the male mate if he's after the same female. Instincts on proving who's better? I think a lot of men have that instinct in them we are animals after all. But men who can't control it are a bit you know...

What Guys Said 14

• I don't know. Girls also flirt and try to get with married men and men that have boyfriends a lot to. The only thing I can think of is that people like the feeling of danger of dating someone in a relationship and it is like a challenge for both men and women to see if they can get the person in their arms. That is how I see it anyway.

• are these guys on dates with you or other women?
    us guys will always check out women because it is just ingrained in us. but unless the guy is a real piece of garbage he won't be that obvious about it. being married for 25 years taught me to do it on the DL.
    now if the guy is not on a date, but she is, then why not? if she isn't married she is fair game.

• Mostly because there is no fear of rejection, since she's already taken. You can 'safely' practice flirtation.. and Ho knows, maybe she will call you tomorrow?

• Because the search never ends.

Your question was as applicable a million years ago as it is now.

The search never ends.

• I've seen women do this too though lol I guess maybe its just give people a thrill to want to be with someone who is already taken, or they are not happy so they wan't to try and sabotage their relationship by manipulating them and trying to seduce them. You know the old bring someone down to my level ordeal.

• Hmm perhaps because women and men on dates are dressed up to show the best of themselves for their partner, but yeah the other people outside also got eyes

• I don't think I would ever do that! Kind of dick thing to do. Even if the guy did not appear to be in her league, I think I would be like"score dude"!

• You are a gentleman then♡ There are too few left these days.

• I like you! You're a fine person♡

• Thanks and the feeling is mutual :)

• Checking out is expected, but flirting... that's a total different story, it's disrispectfull.
    Some guys think they are better, or want just to prove something to themselves, or are only stupid...

• No it has nothing to do with the guy that the girl is with just some guys are a holes and they don't know how to respect

• Girl on a date is looking for potential partner, and yes every guy will try to flirt

• We like to look at beauty when we see it.

• His partner could be into cuckold, thats why

• Why do girls ask stupid, generalizing questions?

• I was simply curious as to why men threw themselves at me oftentimes when on a date with another man, because you can't put two and two together..

• Are there really such guys in our days? If yes I respect 'em... they have balls... more than those shy guys who go all red when they see a chick passing by...

What Girls Said 9

• I think you are seeing an admixture of (1) misguided "altruism", and (2) the droppings of a certain cultural influence.

#1:
    Imagine a girl's on a date with a man who is being genuinely abusive.
    In this case, many -- if not most -- people would see no wrong with a man interceding and trying to take her off the dude's hands.
    I mean, the more "traditional" way would be to punch the dude's lights out, but, I don't think very many people would see the wrong in just swooping in, out-smooth-ing the dude, and taking the girl away with sheer Don Juan mojo.

OK.

What you MIGHT be seeing, here, is someone who thinks the woman is just bored out of her mind, or offended, or "under-compensated" in any of 10,000 other ways.
    So, someone thinks he's "saving" her from that. In the same way he might save her from actual abuse... just, i dunno, a lite version.

#2:
    You remember that whole "pick-up artist" thing that was a thing, about 10 years ago?

Anyways, that whole thing came from this book ("The Game").
    Among other things, the book described situations in which these "pick-up artists" would specifically look for girls who were out with other guys, and try to pick them off.
    I think the theory was something like, "make the other dude do most of the pre-foreplay work", or something like that. LOL But, anyway, enough people read that book that people REALLY STARTED DOING THAT -- more often than you might think -- in bars across America.
    As you might imagine, the results were almost invariably less than stellar, and often violent. Lmao. But, yeah, that was a thing. A thing that happened. And is probably still happening, as cultural left-overs, in some places.

In any case, no matter what, if you are seeing this then some dude is making a snap judgment that he's able to out-man yr man. That judgment might be absolutely, horribly wrong, for any of myriad reasons -- but, that judgment has been made.
    I mean, trust me.
    If someone is doing this, it will NEVER be the kind of super-old-fashioned cavalier-retro-gentleman who's totally up for a big challenge and a duel if necessary. LOL
    Nope. It's someone who THINKS he sees easy prey. Why? Who knows. Yr man may want to think about that, though... because, for SOME reason, he's giving off a vibe that says "My woman's steal-able."

I mean, this has NEVER happened to me in 16 years with my husband -- a man who looks just as scrappy and street as he is. Never. Even though he's almost 3" shorter than me.

• Sounds like your husband has some self-esteem. This guy clearly didn't. Congrats♡

• He does have what's best described to non-acquaintances as "confidence" and/or "self-esteem", but, it's really something else. It's really this way of just plowing through the world with genuinely nary a shit given about any of that. Like, really and truly, 0 fucks given. It's a truly singular quality -- I've never really met anyone else who has it, to the degree he does.

I mean, I'm a lover of words, even, and I don't even have an adjective for it. "Confident" comes close, but that implies too much conscious awareness. "Oblivious" is close in a different way, but, that's usually used as a pejorative. The word just doesn't exist.
      The closest I've gotten is the Italian notion of sprezzatura:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sprezzatura
      But even that doesn't capture it, because sprezzatura is still dissimulation -- it's still an act, still on purpose.

He's not for everyone, but he's definitely for me. <3

• No but when I dress up and doll my self and kinda of looking down reading a book. I get guys who take a glance and I am like what? hahah! I should read my book often in starbucks lol.(: I dunno. <3

• Men do this regardless of the fact that they are already in a relationship. . . These are the I ones that I seem to attract.
    In a way it's a bit like window shopping, they might check out or ogle other women. Some of them have no intentions of ever acting on that impulse, so it's not to be taken too seriously.
    I believe that some women are guilty of doing this too.
    Ever heard of that sterophonics song just looking?
    "im just looking, I'm not buying."
    So guys and girls, try not to develop feelings or get too emotionally attached to people that do this. You'll only feel like they are stringing you along.

• u think some men give a shit about whether or not a woman is taken? unfortunately that doesn't stop a lot of them.

• They're thinking with their dicks:/

• You're right♡

• Yes I agree!
      :)

• They think that they are "the ultimate stud" (quoting their mentality) and deserve any girl they find pretty.
    Dickheads.

• that's really a dickish move and a lack of respect

• Those are just the rude guys.

• Sociopaths doing it for the fun of it

• I remember that even married that used to happen. It's not a reflection on you or on your guy at all. They are just selfish people.