What exactly is going on here? Why has he taken a step back?

In a nutshell I have been seeing to this guy for a month and a half. We get on fairly well, flirt a lot when we are together and it seems like we really enjoy each others company. In the beginning he would initiate contact a lot, I would contact him first here and there.

He's arranged the majority of our dates, then we had a little misunderstanding which didn't really get resolved. However since then I reached out to him thinking he wouldn't reply back, but he did. I asked him to meet up and I followed up with him. On the day he texted me to let me know he would be a little late. Then he texted to see if I was still coming, so clearly he did want to see me.

He was a bit more reserved this time around understandably (so was I). I did hear him say he was lonely under his breath since I was sat quite far away from him the beginning (I do this at the start of every date). Shortly after I cuddled up with him. We didn't discuss the underling mishap because I felt that after a while everything was back to normal. We were being our usual playful selfs although we didn't kiss or anything.

Towards the end of the date we were a bit distant again, he was tired (he had fallen asleep a bit earlier) and his TV had stopped working.

Since this day I have texted him on two occasions. He's responded quickly as usual, however his responses don't come across like he has any real interest. I feel like I'm carrying the conversation, it was like this the other day before we met up too.

I'm not sure if this is showing he isn't interested anymore. Guys usually don't respond or take hours when they don't care and he isn't doing either of those. He just hasn't initiated in a long time.

Do you think I'm overreacting here? Or does it sound like he is really losing interest?

What Guys Said 1

• Well, this is pretty simple actually. You are both adults and you have got to talk about it. As cliche as it sounds, it is true. You cannot spend the time second guessing and bottling up your feelings, especially since the relationship is still new. I say meet him up very soon and address these issues, not aggressively or angrily, just have a mature conversation with him about what is and what isn't. Only then, you can tell what is going on.

Good luck to you. : )

• Thank you. That was the plan last time, it just didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. Wish me luck! Really scared he's ready to call this a day.

• Let's hope not, and if he does, then it is not meant to be. Still that would be better than living inside your own head surrounded by assumptions and half-truths.

I truly wish for the best thing to happen. Oh, and you are very welcome. : )

• That's true. Its better than constantly wondering what is actually going on. Who knows he might be thinking something similar. I am going to see where I stand on Monday. Thanks again.

What Girls Said 0