Should I give him a second chance?

I broke up with a guy a few weeks ago. He told me that he wasn't ready for a relationship, but wants to try again in the future.

He told me the other day that he can't get over his ex. She's been his best online friend for 10 years, and he's had feelings for her since he met her. They dated about 7 months ago, but she said she never had feelings for him... and it turns out that she's a lesbian too. I don't think that he actually is trying to let go of his feelings for her.
He says that I'm first in his life and that I make him feel good and make him forget. He wants me to be the one to finally make him move on. But will he ever move on? I'm having my doubts. I care about him so much, but what if I stay around and wait for something that will NEVER happen? Even if he does manage to 'forget' his feelings for her, I know he'd still be talking to her. He refuses to let go of her, even though she was awful to him, and that really bothers me.

Should I let go and move on or wait around and give him a second chance?

What Guys Said 1

• Don't ever put your life on hold for any guy that says "I'm not ready"

What Girls Said 0