Do we really need a significant other to be happy?

I've been single for a very long time now that i've got accustumed to it. Sometimes i want to get a girlfirend, but looking back at my failed attempts to get one makes me realize i'm not great at this whole dating thing so, i've given up. I've also started to accept my single status and start finding things that make me happy. My family members however, have repeatedly encouraged me to still keep trying because according to them (i'm too good looking to not have a gf) lol , but I don't know if i want to do that anymore. Getting rejected a lot has seriously destroyed my confidence.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope, you definitely don't need one to be happy. My partner does make me very happy obviously but I don't think I'd be unable to find happiness if I didn't have him.

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe you are approaching the whole asking them out thing wrong. First mistake guys make is they just cold approach a girl and then quickly ask if they want to go out. In a situation like this the girl is probably caught off guard and becomes nervous and wonders what the hell the guy is up to. Even if the guy is really hot she might still say no simply because she felt uncomfortable and she doesn't really know the person. It's much more likely they will accept the offer if they have flirted with you beforehand.

So if there is a girl who may interest you. Don't just walk up to her and ask her out. You need to flirt first and preferably let her flirt before you do. That way it seems like she is interested in you and not the other way around. I know that seems silly but girls like the idea that they chased the guy instead of the guy chasing them.

Another point is a lot of guys act really nervous when they talk to her. A little nervousness is understandable but if you are really nervous and it's really noticeable, it can be a huge turn off for her. It makes her feel nervous too and uncomfortable and you don't want that. Also it makes you look weak and not confident and probably not good with women. If you show confidence it makes you appear strong and good with women believe it or not. Women think that confident men will be better in bed.

If you are doing online dating then this is another whole ballgame. I wouldn't recommend it. Don't give up mate since once you find someone special you will not regret it and what's life for really if you can't share it with someone.

What Girls Said 2

• I am quite happy being single, but i would still love to share my life with someone. I have so much love to give. It's just hard to find the right person to give it to. Finding the right person is one of the hardest challenges in life.

• You don't really need one, no. If that's the way you want to live your life then that's how you want to live your life, no one can really stop you.

What Guys Said 8

• you need friends.

• You need no one. You were born alone, u can live alone.
    U should live your life doing things u like. If u encounter someone, and if both of u click with each others, then go for it.
    Ur family is not the one who chooses whether if a girl will date u or not, the choice is in the girl. It's like if ur trying to get into a law school, u got denied but ur family keeps saying u have what it takes to get accepted. The law school have the say of whether if ur accepted or not.

• you're 22...

• Nope

• Nope, I'm doin just fine.

• But what do you suspect is the cause why that happen?

• I am quite curious, was all these rejections online or in person?

• Online and in person.

• I've lost count tbh lol

• As others have said, online and irl is Night and day. online girls tend to be far more shallow due to the fact they base their interests solely on Pictures. also there is a reason that they are online for that. they feel insecure about themselves and are shy in real life. so once they go online, they get this surge of power over Men. they feed their insecuritys and they feel special than they did in real life. sorry for the Long text.

• no we don't.