What do you wear for a first date?

I've literally never been on a date before, let alone one on Valentine's Day. But uh, it's happening. He's taking me to see Deadpool and then we're getting dinner. I don't know where he plans to go for dinner, haven't asked.

But I'm freaking out because I really do not know what to wear. Typically I would wear jeans and a sweatshirt to a movie. But... I clearly can't do that tomorrow.

Ladies - what do you typically wear?
Gentlemen - what do you prefer to see a lady wear?

Most Helpful Guy

• Awwwww our little girl is all grown up now :D

Wear something casual, but not to casual. Dark skinny jeans, converse, nice top, and a wooly cardigan.

Can't go wrong with that.

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually opt for casual and nice, jeans and a silk shirt and or in the winter a nicely fitted knit thats not thick, and boots!

What Guys Said 14

• Congratulations on your date - Find out where the dinner is at and that will give you an idea of what to wear - My own preference for a dinner date would be a nice subtle dress
    (again depending where dinner date is)
    1.bp.blogspot.com/.../...-design_1358468414602.jpg

• Something casual and a little sexy should be fine. Don't stress about it. It usually doesn't matter, unless you wear something horrible which I am sure you won't. So, relax. 8D

• I would wear a classy outfit but enough textile... make him fall for the lady, not for the meat :D <3
    That makes your chances larger that if there's a click he's after your personality, not your body :D

• As little as possible, Make sure you don't mind losing buttons or having panties torn. Most of all, a touch of very good scent on the inside of your thighs. When my head is down there it drives me nuts

• Only thing I could care about is if she dresses sultry. I wouldn't mind it if she's looking to bang, but if not then she sends mixed signals by choosing what to wear and turns me off.

• Lol well how did it go?

And what I like seeing a lady wear depends on where we are going.

• Usually clothes 😛

• Clothes are good. Usually not a good idea to show up naked on a first date.

• I prefer dressy but not too dressy. not t shirt and jeans. just dress how you would for a special occasion.

if i have to dress up. polo/khakis.

• wear whatever makes you comfortable... hate all that formal bs.

• Ask your date what he's wearing and wear something of a similar style.

• try banana tree leafs, u will stun him :D

• whatever you want if he likes you it shouldn't matter.

• How about you wear nothing?

What Girls Said 7

• I usually suggest wearing your favorite outfit in s first date. Something you are comfortable in. Since its Valentines I might try to accessorize it with some red or hearts. But still be comfortable. The guy will think you look good in anything and it'll help you not be nervous.

• how did it go?

• A pretty dress is ideal for a first date, as well the second, third, fourth, and so on.
    Two classic looks I would go for are a little red dress if it's a Valentine date, or a little black dress if it's a non Valentine date. I would also wear a lace light coral/beige dress for that romantic look to seduce my guy.

• Well first thing is finding out where you're going for dinner. That'll play a big role in what you wear. If it's more of a casual restaurant, I'm thinking jeans, a nice pair of boots, and a cute top.

• Whatever you're comfortable in.

• Wear nothing that might give out the wrong impression of yourself in the attempt of looking good.
    Wear what makes you feel confident and beautiful. :) good luck on your date!

• Already happened, you're a bit late. But thanks. It went well.

• A cream colored cardigan, a maroon tank top, black skinny jeans, and black flats. :)

• The colors all sound pleasant! And I love maroon!
      And with the right makeup it must've been a perfect date look! :D

• you could go for a nice dress, or a skirt and a blouse or even jeans with a pretty blouse and some nice heels. The "all black" never fails. Good luck :)