Too insecure to meet him in person, what do I do?

Okay so I'm meeting my boyfriend of 1 month for the first time tomorrow and I'm worrried he's not going to like me because of my body. I looked at his exs and they were ll very skinny and tbh I'm not that skinny... I'm kinda thick and I dont think he knows. What if he like sees me and bails on me or something? Or is here some outfits that make you look skinnier? Or do I just tell him I can't meet up? I'm really nervous because I really like him but I don't know...

Most Helpful Girl

• there's only one way to find out~ go meet him and, if he judges you based solely on your weight, it says more about him than it does about you.

my other half and i met online, and we talked for a month before meeting in-person. i was nervous~ i wondered if our awesome chemistry would translate into real time, if he'd judge me based on my size or think i'm super-awkward irl... but we ended up hitting it off and spent the entire day together.

(spoiler alert: over a year later, we're still together)

in short: go have fun, but be sure to have an escape route planned (just in case). good luck!

-von

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 5

• send him a body shot (clothed) at a good angle where you look the most attractive and see what he says. Then if he's like "you look hot" or anything positive like that send another that is not quite as attractive and see how he responds... if still good then he is prepped for your reveal and everything should be fine :)

• Definitely meet up, don't ever be ashamed of your body. Life's way too short sweetie. If he has an issue, he's not the kind of boy you want to be with anyway.
    Have fun!

• Thick usually is cute AF. A lot of girls want to be thick. If by thick you mean, boobs, ass and a skinny waist and flat tummy 👀 if he bails after seeing you he's not the one.

• Just do it. Me and my boyfriend met online , we spoke for like 2 months before meeting. Once the day was here I was Nervous as hell , saying the same things as you. Wondering if he was gonna like me , since I was a little chubby , once we met , we talked then he asked me out. Lol (he clearly liked what he saw ) lmao

• Just be honest and tell him how you look and send him a picture and if he truly likes you it won't matter to him. I know how you feel because I meet a guy online 2 years ago and he didn't know how I looked, I was scared because at the time I was a little over weight and when we did finally meet he changed his mind about me. But then I met another guy a year later and he didn't care at all and we fell in love. He accepted me for who I really was and my weight didn't matter to him.

So if he truly likes you then he'll accept you for what you look like and if he doesn't then it's his loss. But do tell him before you meet k, and best of luck 😊