He wants to be just friends now, is it time to move on?

Hi, I've been talking to this guy since October. We were both interested in each other before we started talking and he was the one to initiate the conversation. He opened up to me a lot and told me I'm different than all the girls he talks to, he talks to a lot of girls but out habit he says because he's always been the kind who's been available. He had told me he's afraid of commitment and that he doesn't date because he's scared of cheating and hurting me. After a few months we reached that point in our relationship where everyone assumed we were dating and we were in love and in a couple of weeks he asked me out. Everything was perfect until on new years he got incredibly high and made out with this other girl and ended things without telling me, saying that he can't date and it's better that we remain friends. He considered what we were before as friends, even though we were doing things that normal friends wouldn't normally do, and we had stopped talking because I couldn't accept us just being friends because I was still in love with him. We didn't talk for a month then I initiated the conversation and we started talking again as just friends and it's been a month or so and I know I'm still in love with him but I don't think he's in love with me anymore. He also got incredibly close to a friend of mine whos a girl he considers his "bro" upon my request because she was a very close friend of mine but nowadays I just felt like I third wheeling with them because they got along so well. I've told him before i need to move on and that I couldn't do that if we were still talking but then after a day he called me saying he couldn't let me go and he missed me. After that it's the same situation where I don't know where I stand in his life and whether I even matter or not, I don't want to be just another girl he talks to because of what we had before was really special and I don't know if we could have that again. Is it time for me to move on for good?

Most Helpful Guy

• "He opened up to me a lot and told me I'm different than all the girls he talks to, he talks to a lot of girls but out habit he says because he's always been the kind who's been available. He had told me he's afraid of commitment and that he doesn't date because he's scared of cheating and hurting me." I have to say a lot of guys say this, its to make the girl feel special and make the girl love them etc. If he does love you he wouldn't really date your friend unless its your friend that wants to date him. But seems like there friends from what you wrote.

Time to move on is depending on situation and when you feel like it. DETERMINATION if you feel you have the determination to move on then do so. If you need encouragement, i'm sure your friends will give you some.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just ask him directly if he feels the same way you do.

What Guys Said 2

• Tell him to GROW THE FU*K UP! He is acting like a child that can't make up his damn mind i hate that. You either love someone or not. That's it. Don't let ANYONE play you!
    Ps: i think it's if you moved on. You can do better that that. You don't need someone who "might drop you at any moment"
    Good luck and i hope whatever it is you choose to do works out

• Yeah, time to move on, I don't think this is going anywhere. Move on, don't waste your time with something that's lost already.

What Girls Said 1

• I get how you feel. I was dumped on new years too. He hasn't initiated contact since. He even told me personally that It's too late and he doesn't even want to talk to me. I'm still waiting for him and hoping he'll come back...