Should I expect anything from okcupid?

I have been speaking to a guy online for almost two weeks. He seems to be a good guy but who knows with online dating. He said he has been in a few relationships and has only had sex with one of them. He lives almost two hours away from me and wants to meet halfway tomorrow so it is convenient for both of us. I am so nervous to meet up. And he texted me asking me to be his Valentine today, I said yeah sure. We've been speaking everyday and we skyped last weekend. He says he wants something long term but I do not want to expect anything because I do not know the record this person has. I would like some advice please.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• My son found his girlfriend on Okcupid before Christmas. Tonight the will see Deadpool and he has a little gift for her. They spend every Sunday together at a minimum.

Most Helpful Girl

• Go Slow with Joe, I see Something Special with aPotential Partnership.
    Even though it is Online this Time, doesn't man it cannot happen.
    I had marreid a man from Egypt who had found me on Facebook a few years back and with Skype, I ended up flying Not a Stone's throw, Over to Cairo where on my Second Trip Back... We ended up tying the knot.
    I have a particular Dating site I use now from Six years ago. I have Dated and Mated, and while Nothing in Life and Love is for sure but death and taxes, I am betting my botton buck here, dear, that if you both Continue down this Perfect path, you will Meet one day After the Curtain closes on the Computer.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 6

• OkCupid is one of the better free online dating sites out there. No matter which site you go on or if you meet someone at the grocery store... the rules still apply. Get to know them slowly and go from there. Don't worry about whether or not it's a dating site. Online Dating is just a mechanism to meet someone just like a bar. Good Luck!

• A eXPERT :o

• It's too expensive to get to know someone slowly. Too expensive and a waste of time. If you want to get to know someone slowly, just be friends.

• Since you're a girl, yes. Expect a lot of messages from guys, a lot of likes and a lot of views.

I made a fake girl account to see and I was astonished. I got 105 likes in a week and over 200 views.

The girl I used was what I consider "average".

• OkCupid is a meat market, I got laid there a few times, but just know, its more of a hookup get laid kind of site, be careful and be selective with who you decide to meet.

• I lost hope on OKC :(

• You could find someone on any dating website

• Don't expect anything serious there, but you can expect lots of hungry dogs with only sex on their mind.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm in a relationship that started because of OKCupid. Our first anniversary is this Saturday. :}

• After the date you can decide if there will be a second date or not.