How do I take girls on dates?

I arrange the entire date all the time and i'll always pay, but the problem is the dates never follow through. I mean we're talking 50 dates that i've setup and i've been on like 3

Most girls just want to text, there isn't a hope in hell of getting them on a date.

Most Helpful Girl

• The idea of a date just makes me overly nervous. I went on my first ever date on Sunday, and I ended up backing out of the dinner part of it and we just agreed to see the movie.

Dinner just seemed too formal to me, and I'm not comfortable with formal. It was much easier to sit through a movie and a 10 minute car ride.

• Well at least you didn't cancel altogether.

• I actually just agree to meet them at wherever the place is, so they don't have to stress about a weird guy picking them up.

• 9 times out of 10 they're going to just say they'll meet me there. Fine by me cause then I don't have to wash or clean out my truck. lol

Most Helpful Guy

• For my experience women don't like "dates". Too much pressure or they nervous or something. Instead I just invite girls to hang out. something casual often with a group but then I ignore the group and spent most if not all my time with her. Hell, sometimes I invite girls to run errands with me. When I started doing flake rates dropped dramatically. People now a days date formally or a least not until they are official. I think it dumb but texting and social media has made such things too awkward for you typical single.

• I agree with this especially if it's a guy I don't know very well. Just make sure not to get friend zoned.

• @kareenakapur I don't really have any friends so inviting her out with a group isn't really possible

What Girls Said 2

• I think its hard for girls now, people are making them scared to go on a date and plus sometimes family get in the way. Sometimes famliys are too strict that they will stand at the door and ask where are you going at this hour. Expcually around this day and age with people hurting or killing people or kidnapping them.

• What happens? Do other plans of the girls get in the way? do you guys just stop texting?

• They usually cancel and hour or two beforehand

• They might be scared that the date is not going to turn out right, or maybe they originally thought it was friends hanging out rather than a date (that happened to me once :( )

• 47 out of 50 back out last min? I don't beleive you

What Guys Said 4

• Depends on where you are finding these girls. If you are finding them online... I would not expect much. I have gone on a date with 1 in 40 Tinder matches. To be fair... it is Tinder but the same rules apply for other apps/sites. Even then, I think I am lucky to get several dates out of Tinder.

A lot of people are nervous meeting up or are just into the attention/validation and have no intentions of ever meeting up.

• They're all online. I don't have much of a social circle, so I don't know what else to do. I had a girl set me up with one of her friends once, but the girl cancelled and now that girl won't set me up on anymore dates cause her friend made it a nightmare for her and stuck her in the middle of it all. I'm beginning to think that girls are much more insecure than I ever thought. One girl cancelled and then a week later she texts me saying she was going through a rough time and she didn't want me to see her like she was.

• Insecure, not interested, etc. There are plenty of reasons. In the online world, a big issue is that women receive 50-100 messages daily. So you need to stand out. One way that I found is to actually exchange compliments for criticisms (not over the top, but a little bit). This has worked for me. If 49 guys say the same thing... "you're gorgeous, you're beautiful, blah blah" and you say something critical in a way that isn't over the top, you will stand out. Think about it!

• Make sure you ask them first, and they say "yes?"

• Damn dude. It's quality not quantity.

• Could be any number of reasons why they're falling through. My guess would be first is that they're just plain nervous. And get scared. Men are too, but, we try to go through with it.