How did tinder become a "hook-up" app if it is labeled as a 17+ dating app?

Also, do people really end up hooking up?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never used it but my guess is it became mostly a casual sex app based on the mechanics of the interface. A picture of the potential date appears and the user can swype left or right to accept or not. I think the viewer can view more pictures or a text profile but many probably pick the person because of the first picture they see. So the app excels at letting the user make fast decisions based on physical attraction which appeals to many that just want sex. It's efficient for them to use. I thought that was obvious but maybe not many people see it that way?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's probably BECAUSE it's a 17+ dating app

• It's not an adult app

• At least it's not marketed as one

What Guys Said 5

• Due to peoples attitudes sadly, I personally don't get it... i'm on it for dates and never had a single one from it. At the same time the idea of internet dating just isn't me, I don't like it.

• Because it's shallow, superficial, cheap, quick, and easy. You get what you put in.

• It's labeled as a 18+ app and it didn't "become". It has always BEEN a hook up app.

• Go to the App Store. It is described as a dating app. Not an adult app.

• It's labeled as Mature, which is probably the highest rating and is 17+. That's not their fault. That's how the rating system is. As far as it being labeled a dating app I don't see that. I do see the phrase:

"Find friends, dates, relationships and everything in between."

• And yes people actually do use it to hook up, but more often than not people use it as a joke. Most people don't take it that serious.

• Because people get on there to hook up. I doubt whoever created it meant for it to be that way..

• communism on paper also looks wonderful.

What Girls Said 0