Is it bad that I want to date a rich guy?

A good looking guy with money

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• is that your priority? his wealth and his appearance?

I know you're anon, so there's potential this is troll - and I won't lay into you for your shallow statement -

however, I think you should reflect on yourself. reflect on what you have to offer, why you want these things in a SO and longterm - how do you see the two of you growing together with those factors being the primary focus of what you're looking for the relationship.

Pick 2 - handsome and looks, got those so far.

now cover a few of the other factors you did not choose. do you value these JUST as much, or not even close? Don't tell me this, this is all something for you to think about. Really decide hard, because you can always find someone well off - but that rapport and chemistry isn't just formed because you see the dollar signs.

Unless you're a cheater or something and have an elaborate scheme worked out, if thats the case, Im jealous and wish I was a female.

Way too easy to play this game these days.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's extremely shallow, but feel free to pursue such a relationship.

Just don't come back here in 5 years whining about how no one approaches you.

What Guys Said 32

• It's not bad, but it's not the thing you should focus on more when looking for a guy.
    But hey, go for it if that's what you want, unless you're gonna use him (which you probably are), that's wrong.

Just don't complain when they call you gold digger.

• Go for it, i don't blame you, that was one big reason i busted my ass in business school, to do well in the dating world.

• Nothing wrong with it, if you have sexy body, nice looks and he gets that in exchange of providing you with your need s, it's totally fine.. And if you might get in business with him help him make profits and take equal share then you are not a gold digger, but if you keep chewing on his credit card until he goes bankrupt then you know...

• Yes. It means you are greedy and a gold-digger.

• It would only be bad if your dishonest about it, if your open and honest about being a prostitute and it's between consenting adults then it's not a problem at all.

• Everyone got their preferences ofc but you doesn't seem to care about love as much as you care about money. Meaning you are for sale. Nothing wrong about it, just that your dignity is really low. Other people can live with it, if you can as well, good for you!

• Yes, that makes you a gold digger by definition

• if you really cared about the guy you wouldn't whouldnt have put "rich" and with money in the question. so i say no you shouldn't date him

• Yea if you don't have any money yourself or close to the amount that he has? You know what that makes you right? GOLD DIGGER! But if your cool with the whole lack of morals and gold digger title then go for it!

• It's not bad but u have to be gorgeous and even then, youd prob have to give up on looks.

If he's rich and handsome, not good fr r securty

• As long as it remains Personality>Money, with looks being anywhere after personality in that equation, it doesn't matter

• yes and no.
    If you're going to not care about him As A Person, How he is on the Inside, it's bad

• No, it isn't bad. But what do you have to offer him? What something special? If I were him, I would keep quiet about the money and find a girl who wants me for me.

• Lol thats pretty sad, isn't that what all girls want?

• No anyone who thinks you're a gold digger is just offended they can't offer a girl everything

• No, it's not bad. But be prepared to be judged if you state this

• Money's not everything, Although That's about as stupid as some of these idiotic wedding ring commercials you hear on the radio and tv. If she's saying yes because of the ring you got her. Then she's saying yes for the wrong reasons.

• being honest is not bad at all in my opinion ; p

• No. It means you're an honest woman. All women secretly want to date an attractive man with resource. Have you ever heard of a girls wanting to date a fat deadbeat?

• well... every girl does so you're not much different

• Isn't this what every female wants?

• i mean, yes.

• Most western women are the same so you're in good company.

• Cool. I want a girl who won't leave me when I need her most.

• It shows you care more about how much a person has than who they are as a person. Obviously that's bad.

• Everybody has their own preferences like you want a good looking rich guy and I want a good looking girl with big boobs.

• bad... get a job.

• It's your life, but I personally wouldn't date you if I was rich.

I would end any relationship where I even suspected that she was there for my money.

I'm quite glad that I met my fiancée when I was poor. She didn't care, because she likes me for who I am.

• Gold digging bitch

• i think the proper word for it is dumb. since it won't make u happy

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 20

• No I mean you have your wants however if thats all you want it's shallow. It's not unheard of for a woman to want to have a man with a good job, money stresses can really put a burden on relationships.

• Truthfully I find that absolutely appalling.. You're nothing but a GOLD DIGGER.. A total embarrassment to the female race.

• Nope! haha! I want marry someone rich! (:

• I always fall for a good guy. If he's well to do bonus but to seek it out, don't expect much. Guys with money also usually have intelligence and aren't going to settle for a gold digger.

• Just so long as you don't only love him for his money and use him. I want a guy that earns well too and is also good looking, but I would never just love him for his money and use him to get whatever I wanted. There's nothing bad in wanting to be secure and financially stable in life. We all want it. So you're not a gold digger.

• Its not bad that you want to date rich. I mean who doesn't want to find some hot rich significant other? But it is bad if that's all you care about. In my opinion you should look for someone with an amazing personality and fall in love with them regardless of what's in their bank account (well to a degree). As long as you don't let the desire to be with someone rich overpower finding a good, honest, person I don't think its bad

• Unless you are rich, then yes, its bad. Its actually really shallow. Looks will fade, money will be spent, and then what are you left with? Go earn your own money.

• Sorry, but you are a gold digger.

• No, it's not bad. Depending on you, it might not be very realistic tho and when it turns out you can't get that, don't get bitter then, like many guys who can't land a super pretty girl do

• It's not bad, but women who date rich guys have to put up with a lot of crap unless the guy is super-nice and well-grounded. They know you like them for their money, so that makes them both distrust your feelings and feel like they are your boss. If you're not wealthy or well-connected, his family and friends are likely to treat you like a gold-digger. So just be prepared.

• No. Seems like a pretty normal desire. Most people are shallow to an extent, even if they don't admit to it at first.

• No. You like what you like.

• A good looking guy with money (period)? then yeah cuz then you're most likely just using him and that is never a good thing!

• yes if it tops love

• No it's fine

• Just remember you're gonna be with this guy for a long time, living with him almost every day.
    Looks aren't everything.

• Of course majority women would say no. They got no issue with being golddigging cunts.

Its women like you[and the 17 voters] that give females a bad name.

Chose a partner for love not good looks and money.
    Those should be bonuses if anything

• It's a heck of a lot better than an unemployed loser who expects you to support him.

• No.
      Its just as bad.
      And someones income shouldn't matter.

If you love them you do whatever you need to take care of them.

If you expect a rich man to support you. You should be able to support a poor man.

Relationships are give and take. Not take and take.

• Not exactly bad, but shallow if that's all you want in a partner.

• No, but if that's the only thing you want out of a man then maybe you should analyze your priorities.

• I believe that's what you call a gold digger.