How to get him to talk to me after an argument?

He was going through a lot last week. I didn't realize this was him going into his "man cave." I yelled to him about him shutting me out. He said he wasn't doing well and instead of me asking him how he was doing I just threatened to break up.

He told me sorry for hurting me, he understands and he wishes the best for me.

He's been ignoring my messages for the past 3 days. I only texted him on the first day he ignored me apologizing and saying I wanted to either talk on the phone or meet in person so we can reach a compromise. I told him i would give leave him alone after he ignored my messages.

How do I get him to talk to me again? Did he break up with me?

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems to me like you may have acted a bit rushed/immature about his troubles, mm.
    I don't know whether he did end it, as I don't know the guy, but if he won't answer texts or calls, then the best you can do for now is probably give him the time he needs/wants.

Perhaps you can text every now and then, but don't make it too often
    or he'll be seeing you as clingy/pushy instead.

How long have you been together?

• We've been togethere 3 months now. We've kind of had this argument before in the past. He promised to not do it again or try to communicate with me. I don't even know if he will contact me again because I'm not sure if it's over or not.

• Or else I risk losing him or pushing him away

• That's what I'm thinking.

What Guys Said 2

• It was courteous of him to apologise, he probably lost his cool when you yelled at him - which wasn't a particularly good thing to do since it escalated the stress he's under for whatever reason.

You've apologised, so there's nothing else you can do. Sending him more texts is just going to push him away even further.

I recommend you just let him cool down and wait till he contacts you. When he does tell him it's nice to hear from him and you'd love to meet up. When you meet up don't mention the argument or anything, just move on.

• We've talked since then. Turns out he was in the hospital. He only told me after I apologized more sincerely. He again hasn't texted me for 3 days so I'm assuming he did the slow fade breakup.

• Assume he has and move on.

If he contacts you do what I told you :)

• What a whiny little bitch. Have someone pass a message of yours onto him and leave it at that.

What Girls Said 0