Could you date anyone who doesn't like animals?

• Most animals are better people than most people...
    59% (37)27% (11)46% (48)Vote
  • Once my dog double dipped his chip in the onion dip...
    6% (4)24% (10)13% (14)Vote
  • Other
    3% (2)7% (3)5% (5)Vote
  • Maybe
    16% (10)24% (10)19% (20)Vote
  • Something Else
    8% (5)5% (2)7% (7)Vote
  • Maybe
    8% (5)13% (5)10% (10)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
20|16

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't exclude someone who doesn't like animals. Not everyone has furry friends growing up and not everyone has had good experiences with them. For instance, my grandparents always hated dogs as long as I can remember, but they were actually really nice people.

I place a human's life over that over that of a dog or animal, so if I like the human, I don't mind not having a pet of somesort.

I would wonder what their hatred stemmed from though.

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 19

• No way. My cat is my little pal and depends on me. There's no way I would ever pass her on just because of some guy.

3|3
    0|0
    • What if she just made him nervous, or he was mildly allergic and couldn't give/accept loves?

• I couldn't date anyone who was cruel to animals. That would definitely be a deal-breaker. If they didn't like any animals at all , I'd be concerned and probably wouldn't date them. If they liked animals but just didn't want a pet then I'd be fine with that.

0|2
    0|0
  • Fuck no I could not. Animals have always been a part of my life and will always be a part of my life.

0|2
    0|0
  • Yes. I'm not a huge fan of animals anyway. Well, animals that people have asked pets. Like cats and dogs. I enjoy sea creatures and some zoo animals.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's an automatic deal breaker for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

1|1
    0|0
  • Nope, never.

1|1
    0|0
  • My pets are loyal to me so I'm loyal to them back. If you love me you need to love my pets.

0|1
    0|0
  • 1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think so

1|1
    0|0
  • Here's the thing... I have pets because I'm lonely. If I had someone, I probably wouldn't have adopted them. I love them and they're cute, but also annoying. I don't see them as equal to people.

My dog pooped and barfed on the rug three times this week. I woke up and had to clean up a stinking mess in the morning so horrible I was gagging and retching. He's 7 and a rescue, and I never was able to break him of bad habits so I finally gave up and just clean up after him, though right now I think he's just sick with some kind of stomach viruse. He also needs seizure medication and blood tests. I've spent about $600 so far on him this year and he needs another $125 blood test in a month. My previous dog also was very expensive with lots of health problems. So I won't be getting any more pets.

0|0
    0|0
    • "When you allow forms of animal life to sit in equality to you, then you will be ready to sit in council on the higher planes of existence".

• Nononon I can't live without a dog, he must understand this

0|1
    0|0
  • My dog stole a whole steak off the table.

0|1
    0|0
    • Can't say I haven't done the same, who could blame him?

• Show All
    • Five Second Rule

• if he's bothered by my guinea pig then he should stay at his place

0|1
    0|0
  • Prolly not
    Animals are a huge part of my life.

2|0
    0|0
  • I'm not a dog or cat person myself so I wouldn't care

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure I would.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I could

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I could. I myself don't really like dogs too much. I'd never do anything to hurt one, but I don't ever want to own one really. I like most other animals though.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• Maybe, there's more into a person that her wish to get an animal.
    "Hate" is a very strong word, i don't see why some person would really "hate" them.
    Some people are afraid or have other issues that makes them less receptable to home animals.

Sure, maybe.

0|1
    0|0
  • lol at the options. I have two dogs that I just fucking adore, and I also have a cat so you could say I'm the generic animal lover. I wouldn't mind dating someone who is not very fond of animals, but she'd have to deal with my ridiculous love for them anyways.

0|1
    0|0
  • It would be very tough for me.

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on the type of animal.

0|1
    0|0
  • i couldnt give up our dogs they are the kids we never had

0|1
    0|0
  • That relationship would not last

0|1
    0|0
  • If they hate dogs or children then they probably have some issues.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think there's something very dubious about people who don't like animals.

0|1
    0|0
  • I can date someone who isn't big into animals. I'm not big into having pets outside of fish and birds, so this would be a non-issue for me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends... do you mean actively dislikes animals, or just isn't interested in having them as pets? The first one is a no-go, the second I can deal with.

0|0
    0|0
  • I laughed way too hard at this

0|1
    0|0
  • Your premise is fundamentally flawed, humans are animals, so a person who doesn't like animals shouldn't be dating in the first place.

0|0
    0|0
  • I love animals and want to have a pet. if she doesn't like animals we will have a big problem

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like animals either... so it'd be fine...

If it was some person who wanted pets though... it'd be a fucking problem... since I don't wanna have pets around me... disgusting...

0|0
    0|0
  • Indifferent

0|0
    0|0