Why am I so over protective of my gf?

so basically for some reason I am really uptight and protective of my girlfriend.

I ask her not to post certain things to social media. (Pictures where you can see up her skirt or where she's just in a bra) and the only things we've fought about so far are me not wanting her to let her other female friends grope her in pictures and me not wanting her to wear skirts so short you can see her underwear.

she tells me not to parent her and that these things give her confidence and then I feel really bad.

• you're right to not want her to do those things.
  • you're wrong to ask her not to do those things.
  • Unsure/see answers

What Girls Said 2

• I'm confused at the fact that you don't want her taking pictures on social media of her in a bra or pictures under her skirts. What girl is doing this? If she is in fact doing this she doesn't seem like girlfriend material to me.

• She's a model. So all the pictures are said to be, "just something other models do a lot" same with the groping. Even though she's only 15.

• Leave her alone, it's her life and it's the way she feels confident. To ask her not to be that way is asking her not to be herself

• Little harsh but I understand what you're saying. Thank you.

What Guys Said 1

• Being over protective means you're insecure. You don't want other people looking at your girlfriend. You're not right or wrong for wanting that. Everyone has their own boundaries. It takes a lot of self-growth to get to a point where you're okay with letting your girlfriend show herself off in barely any clothing but, if it's a big deal, I would suggest breaking up. Trying to change her behaviour may lead to her resenting you which is worse-off in the long run.

• Do you have any suggestions on not being like this then any tips to become more secure?

• Like I said it takes a lot of personal growth. You may not be ready for it at your point in life. You have to come to terms with the fact that she may take those photos just for the attention but, at the end of the day, she's coming home to you. If anything, those pictures will make guys jealous of YOU.

The thing is to not take this relationship too, too seriously. You're not likely going to marry this girl so don't keep that in mind for the end-game goal for this relationship. Take it one day at a time, enjoy yourself, enjoy her company and try to stay away from these pictures.

Of course, if you're worried she'll end up cheating on you or something, this is another issue entirely and it's something you two have to work out in terms of mutual trust.