MY SO and I never fight, is this bad?

Like we'll have little fights about opinions and stuff but they'll last 10 minutes. We don't live together but we have never been on each other's nerves. We've been together just over a year and see each other twice a week - speaking every day.

Most Helpful Guy

• Why would this be bad? Do you want more drama in your life or something?

• No I'd hate to! But I always here things like "if you don't fight then you don't care enough"...

• good answer... my girl and I have like 20 second fights and in the middle of the "fight"... one of the comebacks is usually a compromise... just out of the blue. could be me or her...

What Guys Said 6

• No, having 10 min fights are good, means you get along most of the time.

• Your lucky! No its not weird who wants to fight

• Only if you're not finding passion in other areas of your relationship

• It is in a way... my last girlfriend and I knew we were going to only date for 7 months due to moving, but we were cool with it. the thing is we would get into similar little disagreements, but we never actually had a fight because we knew we would likely break up instead and niether of us wanted to put effort into a fight.

to some degree, fighting shows you are trying with someone.

• Fights are actually kinda health as long as there no weapon and physical contact then it will be unhealthy

• I think yes fight must be in relationship

What Girls Said 4

• IF you "never fight" because you are learning things about each other, and communicating UP FRONT -- so that things that'd become fights for other people, don't even get the chance to develop that far for you -- then you are winning at life.
    This is how my marriage is. My husband and I are both frighteningly stubborn, frighteningly passionate hellraisers. He was literally a juvenile delinquent, and I was a bipolar teenager who'd "express myself" by putting large metal objects through wooden doors. LOL
    Each of us would tear most other people to shreds. But, we challenge each other, and we communicate, and we know and love each other, and there is pretty much bottomless empathy there.
    Even when there is some sort of misunderstanding, it gets talked through, while it's still just a small stupid misunderstanding.
    There's no chance for resentment to grow, because there's no resentment to grow in the first place.

IF you "never fight" because you are just suppressing a bunch of crap and bottling it all up, and going about yr merry day with a big fake smile... yeah, that's not gna turn out well. LOL

--

But, srsly tho.
    When people say "you have to work on a relationship", most people misunderstand what that means.
    Most people think that the "work" happens after everything's gotten really hard.
    Nope.
    The work should be up front, while it's still easy.

Then it'll stay easy.

Even if both of you are difficult people.

• Mini fights and disagreements are the healthy fights in a relationship. Calling each other bad names like bitch or dumb (not in the joking kinda way), or physical fights, emotional abuse, threats and black mailing are the unhealthy fights in a relationship.

• Don't jinx it!

• That's not a bad thing. My boyfriend and I have been together over 3 years now and beyond tiny disagreements, we have never fought either. It's completely fine!