Should I tell him how I feel?

So this guy and I have been friends for a year or so and I recently developed a crush on him. He's always been really sweet and we were close enough that people thought we were dating. I really like him and he's been saying how he's lonely now that his brother is gone and really wants to find a girl that likes him. He keeps asking me if I know anyone and that I should mention him to my friends. This means to me that he has no idea that I like him but I don't know if I should tell him. I only see it going one of three ways, he'll either be weirded out and things will be awkward, he'll not care and things will be the same, or he'll actually like me back. What should I do? Do I tell him or keep it hidden to try and save the friendship even though it's killing me?

What Guys Said 2

• You tell him. If you don't you'll wonder what if and it'll kill you

• Hmmm, Nost guys can get an idea if you like him, he's doing either one or two things.
    1. He's either intrested in you and is nervous to tell you so he's hinting for a girl (you)
    2. He doesn't know you like him and is actually wanting you to set him up
    I always think it's best to just come out and say it because if he doesn't like you, just move on. But if he does like you, he may have never said and you may have missed a solid opportunity!

What Girls Said 1

• Tell him. You never know. Maybe he feels the same way about you too.