Would you consider it a date or just hanging out as a friend?

My guy friend texted me to go out with him for dinner next Monday after we finish our exams and then I said, yes of course I will meet you. Then, today he asked me in person to make sure I will be be there, and then I confirmed. Then, he said,' I will be very happy to see you outside of school'. Then I said, " yes, me too", and I smiled. Would you consider it a date?

Sometimes, he seems quite nervous around me, and other times he is not. He is also quite polite and nice to me ( but he probably treats other people this way). I am confused!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on how strong that "friendship" was and the intentions of him. Let's put it in a matrix form!

friendship is true + his intentions are friendly = not a date
    friendship is true + his intentions are intimate = date
    friendship is just acquaintanceship + his intentions are friendly = could be either
    friendship is just acquaintanceship + his intentions are intimate = date

So really, chances are it's a date. What he said suggested it to be so, also. But there IS a chance it could just him being friendly, since you said you ARE "friends"...

• actually I think the 2nd line should be "could be either", just like the 3rd line. I dunno...

Besides, doesn't a date have to be mutual?

Most Helpful Girl

• Why don't you just ask him if he wants it to be a date or not?

What Guys Said 3

• sounds like a predate warm up. See if you click outside of school, and then decide if he wants to date you.

• It's a date

• Yeah, I think he does. How long have you known each other and does he talk to you often? If you want to really find out, after dinner, ask him if it was a date. You seem like you like him too, but you weren't specific. Do you want to date him?

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, it's pretty much a date.

• It sounds like a date to me

• Yes he likes you