Asking out a younger girl?

I'm 18, she's just turned 16. I've had a crush on her for a while, we get on well at the group we both go to and she's pretty much everything I look for in girls, but I don't want to be seen as creepy due to the age difference. How should I go about trying a relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• My first boyfriend was 18 and I was 16. You just have to be careful and not get yourself into trouble because she is a minor. Girls also will turn on you if you break their heart (my friend did this to a guy she was dating, she was 16 and he was 20?). Anyway, he dumped her and she went and told everyone he raped her and he got arrested. It was shitty so I say if you go for it, best of luck to you, just be careful and I personally wouldn't do anything with her until she's legal.

• Thanks for this. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't do that, but I guess he probably thought that as well! How did you find your relationship?

• Alright cheers, thanks for sharing. I'll ask her if she wants to go do anything this weekend, if she's not fully into it I'll back out rather than risk it.

• Yeah, definitely no harm in asking her out on a date!

What Girls Said 2

• You're not that different in age. Get to know her as friends first and meet her parents when you visit her house.

If you become good friends then ask her out.

• She goes to a different school, I only see her once a week or so, how should I go about getting to know her? We've texted a bit but nothing much, our social circles are pretty different so meeting up as friends is quite difficult

• Just spend time doing your common interest. Relationships built on top of friendships are more likely to go well.

The pair of you need to enjoy what you're doing or the other person will be bored.

Do what the both of you like and explore what else you have in common.

But honestly become friends first with the intention based on friendship, not a step towards dating.

• It's technically illegal for you to ask her out if you're 18 and she's not 18 yet. If you get frisky you could be charged with statutory rape.

• UK so 16+ is legal

• All my girlfriends have been my age or older, I just don't know how to ask her out and not creep her out

• I don't think you should worry too much about such a slight age gap... Girls of 16 are usually flattered by 17-19 year old boys' attention.

What Guys Said 3

• Not creepy, and girls her age like older guys.

GOGOGOGOGOGOGO.

• Na man that's not creepy at all, barely any age difference and 16 is legal so fuck yeah.

• Don't worry - that's not much of an age difference... just go for it guy, and she'll let you know pretty quickly if she's interested :)