Dating a guy with philophobia... any advice on how to proceed?

I'm dating a guy who has philophobia. He knows it and has admitted it on certain occasions. He's scared to death and every time we get close emotionally, he pulls back. Anyone have experience with this and have advice?

It's hard because I know he loves me and I love him, but I can't get close to him without him pulling back and derailing our relationship. I don't want to push him away but I am looking for a way for us to get through this because I love him and leaving him just isn't an option.

What Guys Said 3

• ''Leaving him just isn't an option''
    You're subtly implanting needy and out of abundance's mindset into yourself. Try dating other guys and see how it goes

• You're just setting yourself up to fail. There are plenty of guys out there who want love. Leave this guy alone and let him do some growing up.

• Have him see a psychiatrist. You can only put up with that for so long. How can he love you if by definition it's the fear of falling in love or emotional attachment?

What Girls Said 0