Women of the younger generation (25-), is it still expected for men to pay for you on dates/dinner?

Lke 25 and under. I know gender roles are supposed to be changing

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually we just take turns.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah but don't expect them to be honest here... it's in their nature. They also expect special treatment in many other overt and covert ways. It's truly SICK.

Fuck dating and FUCK relationships. These are feminist arrangements that should be condemned. It's MUCH BETTER to be single than with a modern woman.

What Girls Said 2

• Not at all! Id be very greatful if he wanted to but I'd never expect him to. Id expect us to split it equally unless it was something special like his birthday where I'd pay for it all!

• Nope, It's either split, or the person who asked the other person to go out with them pays.

What Guys Said 6

• If I offer to go out with the girl, Ill typically pay - but like I went bowling with a girl - I paid for the shoes and got us a game, and without asking she bought us some beer and food, which I thought was nice.

I appreciated that even though I asked her out, she felt that it was only the fair thing to do.

If we just hit a food joint and its a first date, I'll probably split if she's a dud - but if she's actually someone I'd see for round 2, it varies generally - sometimes they offer to split before the bills arrive, and you can normally tell by how the dialogue is going if she values money = he likes me or if that isn't the case ( which would mean she would feel entitled to being paid for ).

If its my girlfriend, entirely different obviously.

• So you pay for your girlfriend, all the time?

• No, we generally would flip flop on dates, I pay one, she pays one, she takes me out somewhere, I do, most of the time we split, but like on special occasions we'd treat eachother like that depending on what it was.

Like I took her paintballing with her brother for her birthday, paid for both of them -

and she felt compelled to pay the next two times we went out even though I said it wasn't necessary - you'll find a rapport with your woman that will simply transcend the monetary entitlement that seems to be sweeping through america

• DUH.

• I'm so happy to see how much the feminist movement has come in the USA

• Person who asks should be prepared to pay with the option of a split always being on the table.

But with that said, yeaaah. Most girls won't be sticklers for this, but there certainly are a FEW who will never go on date number two with you if you do not pay the entire thing. No matter how well the rest of the date went (within reason, obviously if she is crazy about you and can't get you out of her head then you would get away with forgetting your bloody wallet).

• I'd want to split it but I pretty much expect that I'm gonna have to pay which is one of the reasons why I only even bother asking out women who seem exceptional to me. I'm not exactly made of money so if I'm going to be spending a lot of it (dinner/activities for 2 adds up pretty quickly) then she'd better damn well be worth it. Basically the only way I'd think she was worth it is if there's something about her that stands out to me in a good way (very pretty, very smart, thinks outside the box, ambitious, etc)

• I'd say its expected you'd pay if you were the one who asked them out on the date and took them to the restaurant , if you mutually agreed to go out then it gets a bit more iffy