A girl texted me saying "Can I ask you a question?" Meaning?

She's in a relationship. I'm single. Later in the convo she elected to say "I really want to ask you, but now is not the time." Anyone have any thoughts on what this could mean?

I just would hate if she broke up with her boyfriend if she has feelings for me. Regardless of if I have feelings for her or not.
To weed out sarcastic remarks. I just want your opinions if it were you asking.

Most Helpful Girl

• She wants to ask you a question and it's of a sensitive nature

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe she was wondering if you are interested in her romantically or would want to date here had she not already been committed to her current boyfriend.

Just give it time, there is no need to really rush into anything. If things don't work out between her and her boyfriend, then just give her space and let her heal or whatever. Better to go look for some other girl to talk to and actually date than her, at least for now, and get back to her later such as when she has healed for some time after her relationship with her current boyfriend did not work out and they had split.

What Girls Said 2

• Are you fucking kidding me -.- why the fuck do people keep asking these dumbass questions like, "what does it mean when she passed me a pencil". Like seriously, how are we meant to know what she wants to ask you? Unfortunately I'm not a psychic.

• Maybe it's a long question and she didn't have time to chat? thats the only reason i can think of for someone to say they need to ask a question, but then hold back. even if its a personal one

What Guys Said 4

• whatever it is, sounds personal.

• We would only be guessing. You should text back "text me now and ill read it later then"

• I do believe that she wants to ask you something.

• Maybe she just wants to ask you something