Is tinder only used for hook ups? Have you had any good experiences using tinder?

I joined Tinder last year and I dated one guy from there for a couple of months, we didn't hook up (we did kiss and dry hump though), but we ended up being friends. He's actually a genuinely nice man, but there wasn't much chemistry going on. I've rejoined tinder in a hope I find another man looking for a relationship. I just get a little worried that I'm just going to end up being matched with men that just wasn't sex.

Do you think using tinder again is a good idea?

Most Helpful Guy

• I guess it's worth a shot but you can state in the begining that your looking for a relationship

• I will do. Matched with someone that states they are looking for a relationship, so fingers crossed. I was just about to delete my profile.

• Oh good luck , hope it works out

Most Helpful Girl

• There is a possibility that you can find someone who is looking for a relationship, but you just have to be careful. I tried it. It was ok, I messaged a few guys who seemed cool, and I also got one creepy message from a guy. I wasn't feeling it, so I just deleted my account.

• There's always one creep or two. I am really careful with online dating. Sorry you had a bad experience.

• True! And thank you! :)

• Thanks for the MHO 😊

What Guys Said 7

• Tinder is a hook-up (i. e., trolling for sex) app. While it's *possible* to find a relationship there, and it's advertised as such, the design and operation make it VERY obvious that it's a hook-up app, and hook-ups are the expectation of 98% of the people who use it.

So, if you're looking for hook-ups, Tinder is one way to find them. If you're looking for a relationship, then almost anything else is probably better.

• Ahh :( I've used other websites and although I met my ex on POF it's fine down hill for me ever since.

• nope. tinder is the worst shit. as a guy, 99% of your matches are scam accounts that try to get you signed into some other site.

lovoo or even badoo are better in my opinion.

• Oh really. I have come across a few cat fishes lol. I even came across an old school friend's brother and once I read the profile I knew it wasn't him. I've never heard of those two apps, I'll check them out.

• Nooooo that's not cool :( I don't want anything casual

• Tell me about it... It's really rare to find normal people.

• Just hookups ya lol

• Haha. I've come across mens profiles that state they are looking for a relationship :o

• Lol maybe they are confused and think it's eHarmony
      Jk

• Loool. Maybe so

• I've been on there since June. I say outright im looking for a relationship, not hookups. Most of the women I see on there say no hookups. No real experience though. Out of the 4 or so matches I've had one was a scam and the others unmatched after I sent a message.

• Aww I knew there had to be guys on there that were looking for a relationship. I don't understand why people match and then unmatch or match and don't talk. I've had some of my messages ignored and matches that are silent. I wish you all the best with your tinder journey!

• Tinder and relationships don't go together. It's well known it's pretty much just for sex.

• I still can't get my head around the fact people match today and have sex tomorrow.

I'm just naive to say the least. 😂

• If someone is sexy enough and they tell you they want sex from you it is difficult to refuse.

• I think Tinder is made to get people to meet other people, what they do with it is up to the individuals.

• I've read that outside north america it's more used as a general dating app and not just for hooking up.

If you're mid-late 20's in north america its core audience is hook ups.

What Girls Said 5

• My friend met her current boyfriend of two years on Tinder. It's possible, just be careful.

• That's good to hear :)

• The one tinder experience I had was horrible haha. I don't use it anymore.

• i'm made friends and business connections on there

• Just put in your bio that you aren't a hook up kind of girl. I had an excellent experience on there and am still with him to this day. Not to say that everyone is going to find someone on there, of course I could just be an exception. But hey nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• There's hope for me yet!! Thanks so much. I met my ex on POF, I was only on there for a week and didn't think I'd meet anyone and I did. I think it's possible to meet someone anywhere, so I will give tinder a go for a little bit longer. Finally matching with men looking for relationships so fingers crossed.

• That's where I let my fiancĂ©.

• Nice! Did you ask him his intentions straight away?

• Yep I said I don't have time for games. I'm looking for a relationship.

• Good on you!