Ladies, can height be a deal breaker for you?

I'm a good looking guy and had been asked out by quite a few ladies throughout my college years. My coworker is an extremely pretty blonde chick but she is almost 5'10. Would you ever date a guy that's significantly shorter than you?

I'm only 5'7

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer tall guys. Most of the guys I've met that are under 5'10" have height issues. The way they would act reminded me of a chihuahua going after a pitbull. I decided on taller guys because I hated the drama and bruised egos. With that said I have dated guys that were around my height. I'm 5'6. But I was very picky and they had to have a more easy going nature. And they had to be ok with me wearing heels. If you are a short guy all I can say is as long as you aren't an egotistical asshole and you focus more on the chick you're dating than on your height then all should be good.

• yes a lot of short dudes have the " little man syndrome".

Most Helpful Guy

• Lol this is where feminism fuck up, Men are superior sex. Because we are better at everything, Its like they trying to make up for their height with our better genes ha. I am like 5'11 and bet everyone of them in comments is significantly shorter than me lol They look bad so now they don't want their kids to end up looking like them too. That's why they prefer someone taller and superior lol and this is why femenism fail.

• my sister is short and she exclusively dates tall guys for the same reasons. She said she wouldn't care that much about the guy's height if she was tall.

• Lol it's usually only these shorties that care because they born with inferior genes just like most girls so they feel like they gotta make up so their kid won't end up as bad as them. I'd never date a girl that shorter just because they want my genes for that lol. That's why I only date 5'9 and above

What Girls Said 15

• I wouldn't because I know I can get guys that meet my height requirements while possessing the other qualities. I'm not discriminating against you, I still respect you, but I have my own standards of dating.

• No I like tall 5,11/ 6ft and over...5'9 being the shortest I'd consider I like to climb tree's😏 Tallest I've had was 6ft5, I'm 5ft 1 so I can't deal with someone my height... at the same time I rarely get approached so bring on the Napoleon's I can't be too picky I guess😐

• No, I don't date guys shorter than me. It's just a personal preference. I am 6ft and I don't like being the "tall one" in a relationship.

• no I'm already small enough, I'm not dating a 5ft tall guy...

• Significantly shorter than me would be like 5 ft because I'm 5'5. I wouldn't call it a definite deal breaker tho

• I am 5'1 , so it would only be a deal-breaker if he was smaller than my or my height

• i dont know if I've met very many men shorter than me cuz i am short. since men have always been taller (overall) than women since forever, typically women are drawn to men taller than she is and men are drawn to women shorter than he is but exceptions r always there and i think its totally a possiblity this girl would consider u if u guys clicked and had chemistry

• hmm well.. for me its not a problem if he's taller i like tall guys <3 but i probably would bother me if he was shorter :/

• No, probably not, but that doesn't mean she won't. Tall girls are probably more accustomed to guys being shorter than them in general.

• Umm, I don't know if I could, I'm around your height someone three inches shorter than me is a bit much.5'5 would be the shortest I'd ever consider. But I have a lot of friends who date a lot shorter than them.

• OMG would guys stop worrying about height already? Do men's rooms have those tick marks on the door like convenience stores so you can measure each other on the way out?

• Try telling that to most of the girls who have answered this questions.

• No I wouldn't.

• Not if the guy is hot with a bomb personality.

• Most women have similar tastes, but not all: girls who are average to short tend to like guys that are taller than them, even if it's only a little. Taller girls can go either way: they may also like tall guys or because they themselves are a touch insecure about being tall and not being as attractive they'll be fine with dating shorter guys.

• I'm 5'7". I have dated a guy that was 5'4", two at 5'6" and one my height. I have also dated guys taller than me. Height is not a big deal for me, but how they treat me and how we get along is a factor.

What Guys Said 2

• I'm 6'5"
    I don't like it but apparently girls like it... lol

• Yeah height can be a deal breaker. Women are shallow. Even more shallow than guys. If you're short then you better have a huge schlong to make up for it or a lot of money.