Isn't normal to have sex on a daily basis when you're in a new relationship?

Me and my boyfriend have sex every time we see etchother, even though I don't want to. he says the only reason he does it is because you want to show that he love me and that's the only way you could show me that he loves me. but I'm afraid that the relationship might just turn into a friends with benefits so is it normal for boyfriend to want to have sex with me every time we see each other? And this is also considering that I was his first...

Most Helpful Guy

• It's really normal. I consider it a huge red flag if my girlfriend didn't want to have sex daily as much as i did early on in a relationship. When i was young, i accepted it, but now, i'd probably quietly break up and move on. Sitting in love with someone who doesn't want you the way you want them is misery.

This is NOT to suggest you should or shouldn't be having sex that often.

Just that:
    - it's normal even for someone who wants a full loving relationship to want sex that often
    - cutting off sex like some people have suggested will kill the relationship, just like if he thought 'i wonder if she only likes me because i listen to her, i won't let her talk for a week and see if she sticks around' would kill it
    - if you two have wildly different sex drives, it's an issue that needs to be resolved in a way that works for both of you, or it's going to be a dealbreaker.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think that's just OTT. if he's just wanting sex every time then its obvious he isn't interested in much else. use ur head girl.

• by the way, this:

he says the only reason he does it is because you want to show that he love me and that's the only way you could show me that he loves me.

this is the BIGGEST pile of shit ever. if he's telling u this, then his heart is not in the right place, he has NO idea what love is, nor does he currently care to know.

What Guys Said 7

• NEVER have sex when you don't want to. No decent man would expect you to. If he can get you in the mood by turning on the charm, and then you decide you want it, fine. But never have sex when you don't want to.

And of course sex is not the only way a person can show another person that they love them. Things like listening, respecting boundaries and differences, and discussing desires openly are all fundamentally loving behaviors.

• No... it's not you dummy. He can definitely prove to you he loves you in any other way then sex. At this point, you're just his sex puppet.

• Yes, it's normal. If you don't want to then he's the wrong one or isn't doing it for you. It gets less over time, so if you're already pulling back you're the wrong one for him too.
    Besides, you're too young to be thinking about a LTR. Boys aren't even close to being ready 'till they're at least 25.

• At your age, it's completely normal.

• Whatever you want to do is normal. If you like to fuck, then by god fuck!

• That's bullshit. He's using the "love" word to get into your pants that's what it sounds like. The only way to love you is sex? No he's feeding you bullshit so you'll sleep with him. This is coming from a guy by he way

• Yes but it will end quicker.

What Girls Said 9

• If you don't want to have sex say no. There are PLENTY more ways to express love. Maybe he needs to learn the difference between love and lust

• Do you think that if you withheld sex that he'd stick around?

• It's normal but you shouldn't be forced into having sex with him if you don't want too!

Also having sex is not the only way he can prove to you that he loves you, he can prove that by spoiling you taking you out for dinner or lunch etc.

If he really loves you he will not pressure you into doing anything you don't want to do, so next time he wants sex and you don't just tell him and if he gets angry about it than he's not worth your time

• Just another typical guy being led by his knob.. Please wake up girl, and smell the coffee.

• He's just that sexually attracted to you and obviously vice versa but love isn't expressed just through sex. Either he doesn't know and/or he's lying to you about that

• If your not comfortable then no it's not normal... you both must be willing and wanting sex.
    Guess it's like a new toy and he needs to be told when it's appropriate to play!

• no. it isn't.

• How long have you guys been together and did you have it the first time you saw him and started dating? I think he might just be into you for the sex becuase I didn't have sex with my boyfriend till we had our 6th date and really knew each other because hr wanted it to be real and special x hope this helped

• yeah haha he just wants sex he doesn't actually care about you... get your head in the game and wake up to his bullshit