20 and very inexerperienced at dating? What to do?

I am 20 (almost 21) and have only dated 1 girl in my life, for about 3 months when I was 18-19. I am in college full time, own my own car, and work part time. I talk to girls at school and at work, but it never turns into anything, I just talk to them, then never see them outside of class. None of them ever show an interest. One thing I really worry about is what's going to happen to me when I get older, I am an only child, and I have no cousins or anything. So if I don't get married or find someone, I wonder what's going to happen to me...I guess I will be one lonely person if that were to happen. I don't think I'm unattractive, I am 5'5" and 135 pounds, here's a pic...I'm the one being held up here: (weird pic, I know, just did it for fun...haha)

link

Any suggestions? What should I do?

What Girls Said 1

• Are you assertive? Be confident and if there is a girl you connect with then ask her out. Confidence is very important. Also do not psych yourself out. You have to make an effort to get noticed. Smile at her every time you see her and look at her directly when you speak. Live in the moment. You have to work at it when you want a date...go out there and find someone you can be yourself with and have a great time. You don't look bad...just have confidence!

When you have a date, make sure it is something that you will both enjoy...you can go out for lunch sometime or do something simple and fun for the first time. Compliment her, make her laugh, be relaxed and flirt a little. Pay attention to her and listen.

What Guys Said 1

• There's no need to be melodramatic at the age of twenty, mate. You've still got a good twenty years before you should start sweating if you're not in a long term relationship by then.

It's a matter of confidence here. If you stop freaking out needlessly about dying alone then you'll immediately appear more attractive to the opposite sex. Women have ridiculously good emotional awareness and can smell desperation and panic a mile off.