Are women insecure to date very hot guys?

are women insecure to date really hot guys. do you question his motives? do you care if other people judge your relationship when they say oh he is out of your league, how come he is with you?

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?

Most Helpful Guy

• Two stories and then my personal view:

1. I get tons of "Likes" on a dating app, but not a single girl texts back (except for considerably older women) - I open this app, and I see 6, 8 or 10 new "Likes", in one week, I get about 30. However not a single one responds. This amounts to hundreds of "Likes"
    (My messages are neither weird or primitive even)

2. When I was drinking a hot chocolate at Starbucks, there were 3 girls and 1 guy sitting at the table opposite to me, and I noticed how 1 of the girls had been looking at me all the time. I kept working on my laptop however. After a while, their guy friend walked up to me and told me that the blonde girl is asking for a date with me and would like to get to know me -
    Surprised as I was, I just said "yes, okay" and the guy went back to their table - but before he could reach it, the blonde girl had stood up and left and the other 2 girls followed suit.

The guy came back to me and apologized for this even. BUT: I hadn't even noticed that the blonde girl had her eye on me really !

Both men and women, are intimidated by people who they perceive as being "hot" since rejection from them would only increase their own already existing decreased self-esteem when confronted with someone "out of their league"

Plus, "attractive" people are like fast food: It's unhealthy, but EVERYONE likes it and eats it ! (even when they deny that)

They might also be afraid that they can't keep such a person for long...

What Girls Said 15

• - Some women are insecure to date hot guys yes.
    - I would question his motives if it's like a party setting and this hot guy just walks up and starts hitting on me. If we share classes then not really.
    - People have never said I dated someone out of my league, because I have the qualities to stand up to the rep.

• If people questioned my relationship I'd be nervous of what other people thought but it wouldn't change my trust in the guy I'm dating. Depending on what type of hotness he is I might be worried what he thought of my body, but I wouldn't question his motives.

• The reason I don't look at hot guys or guys in general is because they never show any intersted. I made that mistake before. I don't know what your thinking. I mean if i Knew I would give it a wack lol!

• I dont believe in league thing so if i like the guy i just go after him.
    I zero care what others think.

• If a hot guy even looks at me for more than three seconds, I look to see what else he could be looking at. Then, I hope he doesn't come talk to me because I'll ruin it. But if I actually dated a hot guy, I would be worried that people would think that the only reason he was with me would not necessarily an honorable one.

• I don't see leagues, never understood that. Um if someone said something like that to me about my boyfriend I'd crack a joke like "Well, I must be doing something right 'cause he is all over all of this. Bam!". and then move right along :D

• Just nervous

• No haha, I'll gladly date a hot guy as long as I like his personality.

• To be honest not really.

• yes. yes. yes.

• Well my boyfriend is very hot and so am I thats why I dont feel insecure at all lol

• I get really insecure when hot guys even talk to me lol

• Lol I've always dated the hot shots, and I know how to get them into me. It's all about confidence I guess

• No. I get to know a person regardless of looks. I've dated guys chubby and shorter than me, and I've dated "super hot" muscular gym guys. If we get along, I'll date them. I don't feel insecure.

Other women might have differing opinions.

• kinda, bc i wouldn't like it if he was superficial and think he could get better

What Guys Said 7

• i imagine some women are insecure about it just as i'm sure some guys are insecure about it. and i'm sure plenty are confident in themselves not to worry about it

as with many things... it depends on the person

• Hot people date hot people, it's a simple concept really

• I think they are fine hooking up with them but for long term relationships they are more likely to be with a guy who is less attractive.

• yes, definitly! Most women even if they are hot themselfs think twice dating a hot guy. It brings a lot of insecurties when her boyfriend is constantly eyed up by women who are hotter then her. Or she sees how women are attracted to them. Really hot guys need a really strong independet women that a relationship can work. And thats not always the hot girl. But chances that good looking guys comes along better with good looking girls are high i would say.

• And girls are strangely far better at telling whether other girls are checking her boyfriend out while he'll most likely not notice it so much since girls are often very subtle when it comes to this. I for example hadn't even noticed it as you can read in my post.

• I go to the gym on regular basis. And working at a grocery store I'd see hot women with really ordinary guys all the time. And I started noticing a pattern and my sister explain to me what women are attracted to and what they go for are two different things. If a guy is really hot they feel like they have to work harder to keep them. So they'll fuck you but they won't date you

• I would assume so.

• contrary to the feminist myth... women are not men