What are some good ideas for a first date?

Going out with a guy for the first time. He is sweet and dedicated to me and having a serious relationship. Any ideas where we can go?

0|0
2|9

Most Helpful Guy

• I recommend places that don't involve an "obstacle" for conversation/intimacy and building a connection/bond.

An example of a huge obstacle is a movie theater where you two end up being glued to a chair watching a screen. That's a couple of hours you two could have otherwise spent talking, laughing, teasing each other, etc.

A moderate example is a fancy restaurant. The formality can make it a bit difficult to kind of lighten up and experience some kind of icebreaker which allows you two to connect. The dinner table is also an obstacle.

A light obstacle is like a dining/coffee table. It doesn't grant as much physical proximity as like sitting on a park bench shoulder-to-shoulder, though it's not a huge obstacle.

My favorite place to go on a first date was always the amusement park (a little bit immature but it's nice). Any kind of nervousness and tension we had around each other was usually dispelled after a single roller-coaster ride, making it easy to go to from being a little tense and formal to laughing and joking and possibly holding hands.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm more into simple things, so from my perspective:
    · a walk somewhere in nature (i. e. park 🌳)
    · coffee date ☕
    Some fun places would be:
    · adventure parks (idk how they are called in English, but I'm talking about those places with roller coasters and such if you have those 😛)
    · bowling 🎳 (or any other game 🎮 😄)

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• A good first date has the following features:

1. time for talking
    2. activities when you can't talk (relieves the pressure of needing to maintain a constant conversation)
    3. activities promote conversation
    4. lasts 2-4 hours
    5. doesn't end after midnight
    6. occurs in a pubic or semi-public area (you don't want to be in a secluded area with someone on a first date)

Possibilities: dinner and a movie, miniature golf, visit to zoo or museum, sporting event.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try having a fun date like a picnic, going to an amusement park, a hike, mini golf. Try going places that you both will like. Or go somewhere that you two have been before that got something new in.

0|0
    0|0
  • The movies are a terrible place for a date, sit there silently and watch a movie for 2 hours and learn nothing about each other. Literally anything but that is good. Hangout somewhere walk around town.

0|1
    0|0
    • ^^ This -- movie dates for first dates can really be major duds, especially when starting with a movie.

• Go hiking or something, it's free. Don't go to a restaurant or a movie or a music event unless you know it will be sparsely populated and quiet enough that you can actually talk. I'd prefer going somewhere where you'll be "alone" but still in a public space.

0|0
    0|0
  • Walk in the park / beach. Gazing up at a starlit sky. Book store.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ping pong

0|0
    0|0
  • going to the park, or a walk through the city. or some sightseeing maybe, or going to the beach.

0|0
    0|0

1 private opinion(s)
Only the asker and the opinion owner can see it. Learn more

What Girls Said 1

• Keep it lighthearted.

Going out for ice cream, roller blading, the fair, the movies etc is good. :)

0|1
    0|0