Do guys like intelligent girls?

I'm just wondering, on behalf of all the straight A+ students out there

Only asking since most guys I know prefer dumb girls, but I'm hoping that it's just the guys I know because otherwise I'm screwed

Most Helpful Guy

• It's the face that draws me in and the intelligence that keeps me (along with being able to cook, listen, be nice to my friends and family, present her well, being able to cook deliciously good food as well as being a tigress during sexy time... a la Borat :) )

• Thanks for MHO!

Most Helpful Girl

• You're screwed. Sorry. Learn to talk in words of no more than two syllables... I mean, use short words... and don't overemphasize... er... don't point out your accomplishments... er.. don't brag... and be sure to reinforce their desirability... um I mean... make them feel good about themselves.

First version: "learn to talk in words of less than two syllables, don't point out your accomplishments and be sure to reinforce their desirability."

Second version: "Use short words, don't brag, make them feel good about themselves."

Teach yourself to be the second version girl except at work or school.

• Thanks for the advice but I prefer not to change who I am and a trait that I'm proud of to make someone feel better about themselves. It's not like I'd brag about it to them or make them feel bad about themselves I'm just not going to dumb my self down for a guys approval.

• Good for you. You are clearly less socially awkward than I was at your age.

• Where do you live, back woods of 'Bamy? Most guys I know don't want girls who sound simple.

What Guys Said 40

• I'm astounded that you even asked this question. Since you're smart use some logic to figure the answer out.

• I'm only asking because guys seem less interested in talking to me when they realise I'm clever than them...

• Only your fuckboys will be scared off by that. If he wants a stupid immature girl tell him to keep searching because that isn't you.

• sure why not

• I do I can't stand a woman that's dumb, she bores me and has no wisdom to bring to the table and I have to do everything for her. If she's not wise we won't last very long

• I like smart girls, but I don't think getting A+ grades necessarily means someone is intelligent, there's some people that are just good at studying and study a ton. Beeing able to study is a necessary but small part of intelligence in my opinion. Can you do something with what you have learned? Can you see patterns and connections can you see the bigger picture can you come up with stuff that wasn't spoon fed to you? Can you apply what you've learned in one area to another, see the similarities and the differences. Can you be confident enough in your own knowledge that if someone is selling you bullshit you don't buy into it. But if you're the one who's wrong you shouldn't be stubborn and insist even though someone has presented you with facts that contradict your position. Anyway there's a ton of aspects to intelligence , I don't want to go on but I hope you see my point :). I'd say it depends on the guy, some guys will definitely not want smart girls but others will, it's like with any other attribute different people are into different things. I think beeing smart is definitely a plus just for your life and I'm sure you'll find a guy who's into that sooner or later. I wouldn't change who you are, that's not a good idea.

• The honest answer is that in my experience few do. Intelligent people aren't ubiquitous. If you're an intelligent female you'll be very intimidating to the vast majority of males.

Then again, maybe only 3% of the people you meet are worth your time anyway. Count on finding a real match somewhere in that 3%. :)

• Well I'm not a straight A student, but I am on the Dean's List. I like a girl that is very intelligent, but I also sometimes find it a little intimidating when they get better grades than me, and it makes me strive harder to get even better grades. But grades aren't necessarily everything. Some majors are clearly harder than others. My friend was ranked #3 in our class in high school, straight A student. He's going into engineering and he said he got a D in one class and had to retake it. He claimed the teacher was a major problem, but regardless, for someone that smart to get a D proves some classes are harder than others.

But yes, guys like intelligent girls.

• Does bacon taste like heaven? Yes, everyone loves smart people.

• Well, there is a chance I would assume she is too smart to be interested in me, so that works against your favors.

• I love intelligent girls you can learn so much from them and they are great for stimulating the mind.

• Yes. Only intelligent. What do you want to talk about with non intelligent. Some guys maybe yes but not me. I need intelligent one.

• Guys really like intelligent girls they can test guy some guys like dumb girls because they don't like to be proven wrong on anything but most intelligent guys like intelligent girls because they like a challenge and to learn new things also some guys like different looks some like blondes some like tattoos some like nerdy

• Yes, I just don't like masculine girls. For some unfortunate reason, the two attributes seem to be correlated.

• This should come as an obvious really, of course guys like intelligent girls its no secret, but when you start studying 10 hours a day, stressing on getting that full score and retaking the exam if you get 98% ... thats a turn off.

Intillegence and smarts in moderation are good but dont overdo it or the guy will start hating on you because you'll look cocky , now with that being said. dont mix intillegence with good grades, i know plenty of people who can get an A+ almost everytime but can't start a converstaion to save their life.

• yes because who else is gonna read the instructions for the oven

• Nah, I like the stupid air headed types... ;-) (sarcasm)

I personally don't like stupid girls, I mean, they are usually annoying for one, and then they can't help you with things...

• Yes, they do, but they are more impressed with how you look, how you treat them, and how you smell. Women think men will respect them for being like men - nothing could be further from the truth.
    Unfortunately today's society and the FI says women should be strong and independent. That's all fine and good, but the 'I don't need a man' shtick then follows and guys hear that. You don't need them? They don't want you either.
    Go on being awesome, make something of yourself, and you will be someone worthy of investing your time with.

• Yeah that's pretty good for me, I do pretty good in school and working on A levels in computer programming, maths and physics pretty much everyone just thinks I'm a boring loser because I go on about it a lot so nice to have someone who knows what I'm talking about.

• Yes, the alternative isn't good.

• I always preferred intelligent girls.

• i honestly dont think i can answer this seriously XD, i know there are some dumb ass people in this word an im not the smartest book but i like girls for being themselves not because they're smart, just sounds sorta shallow to me

• Yes of course! :)

• Yes, well i do because im pretty smart to and you would be a good influence to me. But to some guys they could feel a little intimidated as they feel they are not clever enough for you.
    My advice, only hit on a guy with similar educational ability as you.

• To be honest I like all types, as long as they have enough common sense and are nice :)

• Yes, most do. Some dumb guys don't, as it makes them insecure.

• Yep, definitely.

• Grades don't determine intellegnce, but yeah what's better than an intelligent girl 😊

• Yes... but if you are bitchin about your A+'s in your class then NO

• This guys does...

• I prefer intelligent girls.

• If she's reasonably attractive and can win arguments without needing me to give in, huge effin plus!

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 10

• sure they do ;P

• In my experience, most did. Or rather, didn't care. I was an honor grad and made straight A's. I have no problem getting a date if I want one.

• I'll be really honest here:
    - Study has proven that although most guys claim to like smart girls, in reality guys tend to be less attracted than girls with a higher intelligence level
    - However, are you really going to pretend to be stupid for the rest of your life just to land a guy? That's kind of sad, isn't it. Not to mention there are and will be guys smarter than you.
    - You're 16, it's very easy to land straight A+s in high school, even in some universities/colleges as well. I'm speaking on my own experience.
    - Lastly, having straight As in school does not mean you are intelligent. Surely maybe you are, but there is also a possibility that someone just spends 18 hours a day memorizing what the teacher said. Academic achievements are pretty bad indicators or wisdom.

• for wisdom* typo

• Okay people seem to have gotten the wrong impression when I said I get straight As. That was just the easiest way to communicate my question as grades are a seen as a universal sign of intelligence. I see myself as intelligent because it's easy for me to pick up new topics, I'm good at a range of subjects and I can take my knowledge and use it to solve problems. But thanks for being honest with me.

• intelligence doesn't only mean book smart. you can have the best grades and still be called stupid. You will understand when you go to university.

• No, they generally don't. I usually have to dumb down the conversation when I am dating. I got tired of it which is why I'm not dating

• I'm glad you've asked this question as I've been wondering the same thing.
    Guys keep going for the girls who are pretty dumb or even worse act dumb.
    Maybe it's because some guys feel imitated by clever girls, or he's able to impress dumb girls easier.

• yes! i do! (:

• A lot of them do

• Only dumb guys dislike intelligent girls.

• yes obviously

• everything is preference. Some people like intelligent, they love it others could feel intimidated by intelligence. Intelligence isn't always about academics. Some people who aren't the brightest academically and intelligent in ways of really understand emotions and have great common sense