What Exactly Do Women Find So Attractive About Older Men?

Here are some examples:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3451422/Chris-Rock-51-gets-cozy-Valentine-s-Day-Arrow-actress-Megalyn-Echikunwoke-32.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3230464/Emily-Ratajkowski-shows-hint-toned-abs-white-crop-flares-takes-break-NYFW-date-night-beau-Jeff-Magid.html - She is 24 and he is in his 40s

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00077467.html - Robin is 38 and the girl is now 21, I think

http://www.nbcmiami.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/Rob-Dyrdek-Married-Fantasy-Factory-Star-Bryiana-Noelle-Flores-328431811.html - Rob is 40 and the girl is 24

What do women like about older men? I know these guys are famous (except for Jeff guy in the 2nd link)... but still... I have seen regular couples (with no fame attached) of younger women dating older men. Why is that?

I am 25, finished college, have a career, a nice car, I am financially stable and dress nice, don't party... but I don't have women my age clamoring to be with me. So... why is it that older men get all the luck?

It's funny... a lot of people are mentioning the "maturity" piece. HOWEVER... I have a 39 year old brother, and he gets younger women effortlessly. He has an apartment, just got his FIRST car recently (a beat up 99 Hyundai Accent), didn't go to college and doesn't really have much money... YET women love him. He just recently picked up a 25 year old teacher. His car broke down, so he asked me if I could drive him to her place so he can get laid -_-

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• You ever notice how many women actually have fantasies about being submissive or surrendering control? I mean, 50 Shades of Grey was a best seller for a reason... The thing is that 1) lots of young women are still desirous of a male authority figure - like a daddy but also 2) we have a our shit together; young women can do all sorts of manipulative crap to younger guys who put up with it so young guys are less challenging. We are well-aware of the bullshit that women do and we don't tolerate. Sure we wanna fuck young tail, but we don't need to and are a tougher sell - a tougher conquest for a young woman, in a way. Furthermore, if they actually do get an older guy (unless it's some rich douche and she's a gold digger), the older guy is a bit of a trophy.

• A lot of women my age or in their 20s do like men your age but most don't.
      I'm tired of 50-70 year old men on here saying how desirable they are to girls barely out of high school while women are called old when they pass 25. Its just gross. You can be financially set and all but a 53 year old doesn't do anything for me at all and I think I speak for most young women when I say that.

• I was replying to RachelBrigs.

• @walterradio I already said most girls prefer men somewhat older. But not some 50 year olds..

What Girls Said 16

• I like men 6-9 years older than me.

This is not ALWAYS true, but usually for the most part.

Set in their careers

Confident about themselves

Know what they want in a partner

Financially stable and responsible

They've already had their younger years of going out to clubs every other weekend

Mature, understanding, and patient.

Willing to have a serious long-term relationship

They also know how to take a woman out on a proper date (flowers, nice restaurant, opera, etc).

• Hey, don't know if you saw this
      www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1932684-would-a-33-year-old-man-be-interested-in-a-23-year-old-she-s-college
      (mho opinion)

but, basically, you are playing this one exactly the way you should, for the best odds.

• lol, well, most of what I wear (when I'm *not* dressed to the nines, of course) is either actual workout clothes, or some sort of outfit that is, now that I think about it, ultimately based around the idea of workout clothes. Because, ya know, #fitnesslife and all.

So, form-fitting, yeah, guilty as charged.

Hey, besides, I'm not yr age anymore -- srsly, my workout and diet game is tight, but, I *AM* starting to count down the years until menopause, here.
      I mean, I try not to look into crystal balls too often, but, if there's one thing I know absolutely for sure, it's this: I'm not gna wake up one day when I'm 60 years old and think to myself, "Gee wiz, I wish I'd worn clothes that flaunted a little less, back when I still had flauntable goods."
      LOL

And, finally, I'm not above admitting that I am, well, kinda shallow and vain. What's on the outside definitely counts, in this house.

• To the nines? I'm picturing you as a solid 10 based on your personality alone; your body (from what I've read) probably puts you at a solid 11. lol, I don't mean that to sound like I'm "sucking up"; only the impression/image I've gotten of you.

It's so sad. I get it, I've had so many clothes altered to fit me. Usually I go for shirts that have belts that way, even if they're baggy around my waist, it still flaunts everything else. ;)

I don't think menopause will change you in anyway. You'll still have the same (crush inspiring <3 ) personality and probably look JUST as (excuse my lack of a better word here) hot.

(giggles) Yes, but at least you can look back one day with your grandchildren and go "That's where you get some of your good genetics from". :) Live life while you're young and you've got the body; who cares what the "old" you thinks?

That's relatable! I always think there's something that needs improvement on me. Right now it's my upper back and hamstrings.

• I dunno, a lot of women cite maturity as their main reason, but maturity is not a guarantee just because a man is older.

I don't like older men, never have. It always creeped me out when a guy >10 years older approached me, it made me feel uncomfortable, like I was being preyed on.

• "Why is it that older men get all the luck"

That's not true at all. At all. Just bc a lot of women like older men doesn't mean older men get all the women and younger guys are doomed to being single. Guys really need to stop blaming their single-tude on any factor they possibly can lmao

If you're single it isn't because you're 25 and not 45. Honestly, most girls prefer guys their age or somewhat older but not by a whole lot. None of my 17-20 year old female friends find men in their 40s hotter than guys 18-25. Not a single one. That's a myth tbh. Most girls don't find the "middle aged with 4 kids and a slight beer belly and dwindling testosterone" hot.

If I could pick the age of a guy I date rn he'd be 19-25.

• probably because most 25 year old guys aren't like you. so they probably assume you're still lost, don't know what you want, are still figuring yourself out, etc. older men are attractive, in my opinion, because they -tend- to be more solid about who they are and where they're going.

• Sure I am attractive to older guys! Cuz they seems more experience!

• A lot of guys around 20-29 are still in the Bachelor stage of mind. It makes it really hard if you're looking for something more and maybe a lot of women are like yeah okay well I realistically would like to get married and have a family within like 5 years time, and not when I'm too old. I haven't tried much older than me, but I can see the appeal I suppose. I struggle to find anyone who wants what I do.

• Because an older guy usually has a better income and can afford to treat them well. An older guy also usually is more attentive to them, or at least better at pretending to be. The idea is that an older man is going to work harder to protect his relationship with an attractive young girl, because he's competing with younger guys who can get anybody they want. They tend to be less volatile and dramatic. They know how to act in a variety of situations without embarrassing themselves and the girl they're with.

• I don't get attracted by older men. I might find an older men good looking but I would never date someone over 8 years my senior.

• I think I use to like older men because they were financially stable, and settled, not immature or childish

• Apparently they like smelling like moth balls and administering Viagra. I am not at all attracted to older men.

• I don't like the idea of being with a man significantly older than me. We would have absolutely nothing in common and be in two completely different places in life.
    I prefer guy who are 3-4 years older than me.

• I dont always go for older guys but when I do its because they act more mature, financially secure and they treat me like a queen.

• Lol I don't know, but I don't think most girls like guys that much older, just like enough to seem like they know more. I imagine most girls prefer guys pretty close to their own age though. I usually do.

• I don't find them attractive

• The have good jobs and they are very mature and they are honest and ready to commit and want to get married so... that's why I do hope I helped

• to put it in simple terms

guys my age (current or past years) simply feel younger... much younger
    im 22, a 22 year old guy feels like a 16 year old

so yea... i prefer older 4-7 years difference would be great

older = wiser = manlier = more stable = more manners = more gentleman = more for me to love <3

and this may sound weird, but I don't know i just dont like guys who feel smaller than me. i like men who are like all manly and assertive and leaders... etc
    so yea
    older = better

• As I said in my update:

I am doing far better than my brother and more mature than him... but he gets women just like that

• Well, asker, are you hitting on girls 14 years younger than you? Oh wait, that's illegal.

What Guys Said 9

• I am often the "older man".

The average age of women I date is 22. That has not budged since I was 25. My current girlfriend is 20, a former teen print model, and is now in nursing school. My last girlfriend was 25 and a PhD student in Biochemistry.

Here is what I have going for me:
    1. I am rich.
    2. I am successful.
    3. I have power to make things happen.
    4. I have an airplane that cost several times as much as my Jaguar XK.
    5. I have two houses and a cabin.
    6. I am often described as "the smartest person I ever met".
    7. I never, ever let the woman pay for a date or in any way be out of pocket.
    8. Sex is about her, not me. I'm easy.
    9. I am worldly (speak three foreign languages to some degree).
    10. I am not just a lover and friend to my girlfriends, but also a mentor.

I have no idea what your brother is doing, but I am willing to bet we are not dating the same kind of women.

• Forget all the money for a second, and consider the maturity... or specifically, life experience. Older guys have been through all the bullshit of younger women themselves when they were young, and know how to handle it.

• No reason at all, no matter how you look at it women will go for older guys almost 99% of the time, why? its what they do, maturity has nothing to do with it, money has nothing do with ( well a little if she's looking to get married ) nor anything , just the age alone , if you're older you are already better.

• The stuff you mention that you think makes you attractive don't matter that much to women. They get the vag-tingles from the alpha guy. An older man knows what he's doing and knows how to charm the girls. Time to visit The Rational Male and start reading. Go through the first two years of blog and things will be much more clear.
    Oh, and girls don't give a shit about cars, or even your house. It's how you make them FEEL.

• Because ghey are more mature lol.

• Also besides what Kara said which is true.. you got to have confidence in your self.. dude most guys your age don't have what you got and finish and have money and do you act mature. . If so good but have confidence women love that

• Money and experience in life.

• They find his fat wallet attractive

• Aren't all those guys, that you linked, to just filthy rich

• Those were just quick examples I can find. As I said... the guy in the the 2nd link isn't extremely rich. But I have seen a lot of younger with older guys