Should I apologize to my girlfriend after I yelled at her or leave it for after?

For a couple day me and my girlfriend were just not seeing eye to eye. I had enough and today i yelled at her. i dont usually get mad but i had enough. I yelled at her and the she said i was going to make her cry and i didn't belive it, but after i said somemore words she started to cry. I didn't know girls could be this emotional. My girlfriend is the type who is always happy and never lets anything bring her down, when she started to cry i was a bit in shock.

Should i apologise? I asked this cause one of my friend said that if she keeps yelling at me then when i yell at her she shouldn't cry so i shouldn't have to say sorry.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, an apology is certainly in order. I'm not sure if you guys were able to talk things out eventually though I'll assume not considering she started crying as soon as you raised your voice.

Tell her that you're sorry that you yelled. That you know that kind of behaviour is uncalled for, and that you hope to be able to talk things out in a more civil manner now. :)

• i hope tomorrow her and me can talk, ill call her tonight and if she does pick up ill say im sorry and we can talk about things tomorrow.

• sounds like a plan. 👍

Most Helpful Guy

• If you've calmed down, apologize ASAP.

• What he said. IF you value your relationship with her

• No, you apologize the earliest you can.

• i'll call her tonight and say sorry

What Girls Said 4

• If you're sorry then yes you should, however if you see where your points were valid you can apologize for making her cry but not for saying what you said.

• i will call her soon and tell her i'am sorry, tomorrow i want to talk about it with her. I was surprised she started to cry cause she's always happy but i didn't know what i said would make her cry

• You should apologize. And just so you know, people cry not because their sad, but because they've been acting happy for too long. You shouldn't assume someone's emotionally stable just because they're always happy, in fact, being happy all the time is a bad thing. Just make sure you wholeheartedly apologize and next time she cries, comfort her tell her it's ok to cry and feel sad.

• i will call her tonight and say sorry, tomorrow i hope we can meet so we can talk more and if things go good, i will even take her out. My girlfriend is always happy, when she see's me, she's always smiling. Trust me she does get sad sometimes, but 90% of the time she is happy. I think she cried cause she never seen me this mad and i kinda said somethings towards her that kinda weren't so nice. But i will make it up to her, its just i never seen her cry before in an argument. by the way we don't argue a lot. Maybe like once every 2-3 months or something

• thank you!

• You're very welcome

• It never hurts to apologize, and I bet she'd appreciate it.

• i called her and said i was sorry and tomorrow we will talk about it more

• Yeah, you both should apologize to each other.

• i will call her tonight and hopefully we can meet tomorrow

What Guys Said 2

• You have to get hold of your yelling. They are frustrating, no doubt, but when you yell, you lose. No matter who's right.

If she's also yelling and otherwise not communicating in a healthy manner, use this as an opportunity to work on your communication styles together.

• DO IT! And maybe have a good chat with her about your feelings towards her behavior too.