Could I have ruined my chances on the first date because I made crude jokes?

Could I have ruined my chances on the first date because I made crude jokes? There is a guy that I had been talking to for about a week. We spoke through text and calls, and finally met up for a first date. He did not call me back after that date, so I have been analyzing everything I have said or done to make him possibly not want to call again. So I'm suspecting it's because maybe he thought I wasn't a sexy, classy girl due to my inappropriate humor on the first date. Personally, I have a crude sense of humor, it's not very PG-13.(Some jokes were about buttholes, some were about gay sex that I heard from a comedian at a stand up show, things like that.) Days before the date, when on the phone, I had even mentioned that my humor is this way. We had a great date and even kissed. We had great conversation , yet during the date, I admit, I shouldn't have, but I made some crude jokes with him because I had gotten comfortable with him. We were vibing, I thought he was a funny guy and so I felt that making crude jokes would be normal. He even laughed at all of them and didn't make faces or anything showing that he was displeased. In hindsight, I regret making those types of jokes right away on the first date because maybe he thought I wasn't classy or maybe he thought I was unrefined and not sexy/mysterious. My friend told me that he should like me for who I am naturally. I agree, but am having doubts that I might have left a not so great impression. What do you guys think? Do you think that this ruined my chances with this guy?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's possible that turned him off, but I mean if that is your personality and he doesn't like that part of you, why even worry about it? That side of you will come out eventually anyways - better he knows now than on date 3 or 4. There are a lot of guys who wouldn't be offended at all by these types of jokes, so just keep being you and you'll find the right guy.

It cold be something else too, but even then, it's still not worth pursuing.

He could also have thought you were not interested in him. I've been on first dates where I've felt the girl actually isn't interested and I never follow up on those ones. We just kind of go our separate ways. But I've always told myself if she texts me sometime I'll respond and I'd go out with her again

Most Helpful Girl

• A lot of times first dates don't lead to second ones, and second ones don't lead to third ones. No point worrying over it, it just didn't mesh. Whether it was your sense of humor or the fact you chewed loudly, or used the wrong fork for your salad... who knows? Could be anything.

For the record though, I'd definitely rein in the intensity of rudeness on a first date, lol.

What Guys Said 6

• If he has indeed lost interest, I seriously doubt if your crude sense of humour has anything to do with it.

• Do you think maybe he found it to be unclassy? I was telling him a story about how i was trying to kill the spider in my room, and that I missed. I wanted to joke around by saying,"i'm scared the spiders gonna get revenge and kill me in my sleep." Instead, i ended up saying, "its gonna get revenge by laying eggs in my asshole" Sooooooooooo embarrassing!!!
      Are u sure he never spoke to me again because i came off as unclassy?

• Thanks Aficionado!!! :)

• Any time! Glad I was able to shed some insight! :)

• I think you are perfectly fine. I doubt your jokes did anything. I'm sorry he hasn't called you back, especially if you liked this guy & wanted him to.

I think you can definitely still be classy & still have the ability to have crude jokes, it's all about the person & a joke is just exactly that, a joke.

If it's bothering you, I wouldn't be scared to contact him through text or email, just to try to make conversation & hopefully it's brought up or you could bring it up.

• If there is a man who will turn down a girl over some crude jokes, i haven't met him.

Maybe you said something that hit home on a personal level, but he wouldn't turn tail just over the jokes on ther own.

• That's a lot of what if and buts.
    How long ago was the date?
    How do you know he's not sitting at home thinking the same?

• It always worries us guys if we're accidentally being crude, so to have our date be crude is like REALLY relieving and can be pretty attractive. Maybe see if he keeps responding positively. If you notice he's not as happy to hear them, maybe cut down on them a bit.

• Honestly I would probably be more upset about the fact that the jokes were from a comedian and not your own then the content of them

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, it happened to me, too. However, I learned the guy was super-religious and judgmental so I'm better off.