What advice would you give a 5'6 guy that is attracted to 5'8-5'11 girls?

I like various types of women, but like everyone has things that they specifically like, I have a thing for tall women, at least at the moment. I like long legs and heels don't bother me, I think it looks nice and elegant when the woman is taller. Tall girls, reading this, are you thinking "uggh only short guys approach me wth" or would you be flattered if a shorter guy approached you?

I am ready to get destroyed haha.

Most Helpful Girl

• I am a short girl. But my best friend in high school was a really tall girl. And she would always tell me how she wants a guy who is taller than her, and she hates how the guys she likes are shorter than her. Whenever we're talking about dream guys the first thing she says is that they have to be taller than her.

She's a big superficial though, there are tall girls out there that don't mind being with shorter guys. My boyfriends shorter than me by a couple inches and I don't mind at all. I think it all depends on the girls personality.

Most Helpful Guy

• Pay attention to them; listen to them; don't be a horn dog, but be something that they need emotionally. Be funny - women love funny. Be considerate. I am 5'6" or 5'7" (I think I shrunk an inch) but had a female friend who was 5'10 or 5'11". I know she was going through a lot so I simply listened but I also know she wasn't rich, so I'd buy a coffee for her in the morning and we'd talk... It's stuff like that in which a woman makes the connection between you and positive experiences and then, while for sexual chemistry, being short may be a hindrance, there is a good chance she will (pardon the pun) overlook it.

What Girls Said 12

• I'm even taller than that and it's good to see a shorter guy saying he's cool with dating tall girls. Tall girls already have a smaller dating pool simply because most guys like to go for short girls, so a tall woman who is worth dating will be flattered that you approached her.

• Be confident! I'm a 5'8 girl and like dating guys around my height (shorter/slightly taller). There's a taller girl out there for you :)

• I'm short so I can't say my own opinion but having best friends who are tall, they never seemed to mind it. They are flattered by it.

• just go for it. don't worry about your height

• Go on amazon and buy the book Grow-Taller-After-Puberty

• If he was cute and nice and I was attracted I wouldn't care if he was shorter. I'm 5'8"

• I'm 5'8.5" and my SO is your height (5`6), you still have hope.

• Go ahead it may surprise you.

• Height means nothing... it's the person that matters

• Haha lol I think short guys are cute and I don't know the broad shoulders just stick out to me so I don't think tall girls necessarily dislike short guys just maybe they feel pressured to follow the "crowd" and find tall guys

• He should 'grow up'

• I'm like 5"8 and I always wear heels and stuff so I'm usually 5"11 with them on. I'm seeing this guy who's 5"8 so he's a lot shorter than me without heels but he's gorgeous and wonderful and I don't even care!

What Guys Said 8

• Well I'm in a similar boat. I'm 5'7 and although it's not a big deal, I kind of like taller women. The only thing I can tell you is that I have found that women tend to be more accepting of your height if you are completely upfront and accepting of it instead of getting butthurt about being short.

• Ask girls who are taller than most men if they think height matters and you get the answer: no.

• I'm shorter than you and tall women have been attracted to me. Just be yourself. Don't try to be something your not. That's all.

• Lot of girls above an average height don't mind dating a guy 2/3 inches shorter. I think you can date girls 5'8 or 5'9 ft tall with no problem, however it can be a bit tough (but not imposible) for you to date a girl 5'10 tall or above :/

But hey, just go for it and try. But this is definitely you should have in mind, girls do care about a man's height.

• It's biology - girls are not going to go for shorter guys. Focus on the girls your height, it will be much more rewarding. Even a girl the same height will be taller with heels.
    Get over it.

• Get. Rich. Fast

• Most women want men that are taller then them.
    You are out of luck.

• Well... i'm a tall guy. But i know lots of tall women.

half or 2/3 will just reject on height.

Another subset have basically 'gotten over' it. I think tall women are more likely to be okay with shorter (than themselves) guys than short women. a 5'4" woman can easily say she only wants taller guys. A fair number of 5'10" girls have just decided they're not cutting their dating market by 70% and started dating short guys.

So... just go for it.