Do girls like being told directly and bluntly that a guy is interested in them romantically?

An example would be something like "I like you and am interested in taking you out to x place does x day and time work?" Would that be too formal or blunt? I'm just not very informed with exactly how to ask a girl out I am in my early 20s. Also, do girls think its weird if a stranger just comes up to them and tries to make converstation and how can you tell if they are open to being asked out?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi there,
    I think it depends on the type of girl you want to ask out. Because everyone is different. Personally, for me, I like blunt, straightforward men and so your approach would go well with me. If you want go with it.

I don't think its a problem approaching a stranger... Just be soft. Start with pleasantries and work your way up.

Tell-tale signs that she wants you to come up to her. Well she will glance at you then glance away and back again at you. She will smile. She will do all these things and more!

Don't worry your gonna do fine once you find yourself in that situation. AND don't worry if you get rejected at first. I'm sure its going to be their loss.

have fun and god luck :)

• Thanks for the well thought out answer! I have asked a girl out once before at school but she was a bit older than I thought at first I was blunt but honest and she ended up saying she wasn't looking for a relationship at the moment and went on to tell me a lot of personal things that made me feel a bit uncomfortable. Thanks for the help!

• HEY no worries.
      I'm glad you liked my answer. Hopefully, this time around... you won't find a girl with baggage :)

Take care.

What Girls Said 5

• If you said that right off the bat it may scare them off. With a stranger I wouldn't ask her out right away, maybe offer her your number and tell her she should text you sometime, you'd like to get to know her better.
    Every girl's different. I have friends who would totally freak out if someone asked them out right away and I have some who would go with it and agree, it just depends on the girl's personality.
    I think it's okay to start a conversation with a stranger, but if she's giving you short answers or avoiding eye contact she's probably not interested or extremely nervous.

• You need to read their body language first. If they're flirting with you and seem interested then yes, be direct. If they're fidgeting and avoiding eye contact, no, don't.

• I can't read body language. I usually pretend like it doesn't exist.

• Personally I like some subtle flirting first, but bluntness can also be hot, since it shows confidence.

• Play the game for as long as you can, don't be romantic until it just happens

• I think the blunt method works the best as long as you don't come across creepy in a stalkerish way lol

What Guys Said 4

• One thing about women is they don't want you to ask them. I want you to tell them and leave them. They want you to be blunt forward and lead the interaction and be a man. They get tired of guys playing games. And when you're not forward it seems like you're playing games.

• If she likes the guy, yes.
    If she doesn't like the guy, no.

• Try asking when she's free. If she's interested. she'll give you a day or two when she's free. Then pick a place. See if the a certain time works for her.

Go on a date.

• You'll have to make idle chit chat first and be incredibly good at reading their body language.

Just, please please, don't be like Dan Cilley:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSB9Lo11g8U