Is Tinder really just for hookups?

I've never had a boyfirend or been on a real date. It was fine with me because I wasn't ready then to be in a relationship. I think I'm about ready to start dating. Since I have no experience I really don't know where to start but I heard a bit about tinder from some people and they've said some good things and some bad things. What I want to know is Tinder really just for hookups or can I actually find anyone who is relationship material on it.

bump

Most Helpful Guy

• It's almost exclusively for sex - I've yet to find a girl that that didn't want to fuck on our first meeting and yet to find a girl that would rather have a relationship that just a wonderful fuck-buddy relationship (if I were desperate for a relationship I would rather use one of those lame websites). Having said all that; I was amazed at the massive amount of girls that were on Tinder; seems like a lot of girls are really explicit in wanting the big D

Most Helpful Girl

• You can, but you have to be careful because everyone's motives on tinder are different. It's not like a site solely meant for dating.

What Guys Said 5

• People use Tinder mainly for hookups. It is possible to find a date on it, but it's unlikely. if you are serious about dating, there are other, much better alternatives out there (such as Okcupid, eharmony, match. com etc.)

• It's mostly for hookups. But I've seen a few users here on GAG that are currently dating people they met on Tinder.

• No, I've met girls on there that wanted relationships and I've seen people at bars that were on their first date from Tinder...

• give people secrecy and convenience and you'll see human nature come out.

• Tinder is for two things

1. Hookups
    2. Some crazy ass people (raises hand)

What Girls Said 3

• yes, yes. yes.

• just for hookups i heard

• I use it a lot and most people are only interested in hookups, and that's what I'm using it for too. but you can also find guys who are interested in a serious relationship