Im going on a first date with a guy who is picking me up at my house and I still live at home with my parents. How does this work the initial hello?

I feel like as an adult dating today usually works where the guy and the girl meet up for their date or the guy picks up the girl and they go out but when the girl still lives at home with her parents how do I navigate the guy picking me up. Like when he rings the bell do girls usually have the guy come in to the house and talk with the parents for a few minutes and then leave? I kinda want it to be a quick intro to my parents and then i leave mostly because we met online and i don't want my parents to know. I lied to them basically how I know him. I did actually meet him once before in person at school so I know he is normal lol we just reconnected through the app. I went out once before with a guy when i was in college but the date happend while in the summer so i was home and i kind of just opened the door and went outside and left, but my mom told me afterwards she thought it was rude to not have him come inside. What should i do?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• My parents meet my date for a few minutes, just to get to know him a bit then let us leave pretty quickly. Talk to your parents about it before hand and tell them that you want to make it quick and as painless as possible for everyone. They'll understand. They have probably been in the same position at some point.

• Invite him in.. Introduce him to your family.. And allow a few minutes or so for acquaintances to be established.. Job Done.. Have a really lovely time and.. Good Luck. xxx

• I did this once and my parents insisted for him to come inside. I explained it to him and he was so sweet about it. He came to the door and knocked and talked to my parents for about 10 minutes, even brought flowers for my mom and a beer for my dad. My parents love him and still always ask why I'm not with him. 😑 lol