Thoughts about online dating site?

thanks for the tips

I don't want to sound desperate but I tried signing up cause I'm already 25 but never been in a relationship, not an issue to me until most of my friends and people I know same with my age are getting engaged and married. I'm happy for them but at the end of the day, I get lonely. feeling alone😕
thoughts about online dating site?

Most Helpful Girl

• I met my current boyfriend on POD just over a year ago. I weeded through a lot of people before finding him.

I joined because my lifestyle doesn't allow meeting men. I work full time bizarre shift work, and homeschool my daughter, who I share 50/50 with her father. Going out to bars is just a no partly because the nights I can go out are often nights no one else can. Meeting people through work is a no because I don't date coworkers and no one there appeals to me romantically. Meeting through friends is a no because i usually already know or work with their single friends.

I joined Match first, and dated some nice guys. I honestly only had a couple who thought they would try to sleep with me and ghost when they couldn't. The rest were fun, but not very compatible after a few dates. Then I met my current guy and can't recall a time I've been happier with anyone.

Sure, you get messages from guys you aren't interested in, but you stay with it long enough and you will find the treasures buried in with them. You won't find it immediately, you need to stick with it a while.

• thank you..

yes, I did. Mostly from older guy. It creeps me out.

• Yeah, you can just ignore it; they usually send out 50 messages to girls every day hoping one might bite. I know this because I ran across a few guys who sent messages, then sent the exact same identical message a few weeks later, and again after that. You can delete without reading the older guys' messages. Also make sure you have the right box checked for the age you are seeking. Don't get creeped, you'll never actually see these guys in real life. :)

• ghjhNow thanks for the tips

What Guys Said 2

• From what I've heard women have a huge advantage and get inflated egos due to the amount of messages they get from desperate guys. Supposedly the guy to girl ratio is also strongly in their favor. I've also heard most of the girls who have "not looking for hookups" on their profile" have actually had lots of hookups. This is supposedly especially true on tinder.

So personally I dont think its worth it to use online dating site and if I did I don't think Id be looking for a girlfriend.

• Well, I've tried signing up for some dating site but when older men 45 to 60 views my profile and messages me, I immediately ditched my account.

• I might give it a try... I've been single for too long now and I'm less shy online.

• gonna try tinder?

• it's wasted time and energy if you are that far away and none of you plan to move to the other ones country. so better just keep it to an online friendship

• aww <3 :) :) :)
      well life s a bitch xD

What Girls Said 1

• I don't see anything wrong with online dating

• have u tried signing up for some dating sites?

• i didn't like it. but it may work for other people.
      but if this helps, i met my boyfriend on here by chance lol.

• same, I don't like online dating. I tried but I put down my account.

wow, you are lucky. 🤗 continue loving each other. 🤗