My boyfriend won't be with me when I need him most?

So I have to go to the doctor Monday for something that I won't mention, but I'm beyond scared and just really want support from my boyfriend. He knows how scared I am and I've literally begged him to come. It's at 7:30 a. m. And he's like "that's so early" everytime I ask him he says it's highly likely he will come and today I said "If it's highly likely then please just say yes, cause I'm so scared I won't have anyone with me and I don't wanna do this alone." His response? What if I drop you off and pick you up? I just don't understand why he won't come when he knows how scared I am. Like I've been in tears for two days about needing to go to the doctor for this.

Most Helpful Guy

• Judging by his attitude, i dont think you'd get the support you need even if he WAS there.

If he had something equally as important going on at the same time as your appointment, then i can understand. But refusing to go to something that your girlfriend has been in tears over, simply because its "too early" (which by the way, 7:30 isn't that early at all to begin with), is completely selfish and inexcusable.

Most Helpful Girl

• This sounds shitty :( I'm sorry he's not being supportive. I guess this also depends on how long you two have been together and how serious the relationship is. If you guys have been together for a while and are serious about each other, then it's pretty important that he support you when you need it, even if it's early in the morning. That doesn't just go for boyfriends; regular friends should be willing to do that too. That's how you show you care about people.

• We are serious. We've been seeing each other for quite some time. We even talk about spending the rest of our lives together and we currently live together. I've never needed him like I do now and he just seems beyond uninterested.

• I would definitely take this whole situation into account when considering your future with him. If he's not supporting you now (and this doctor's visit is clearly a big thing to you), what will it be like in the future? Saying it's too early in the morning is such a bullshit excuse. There must be some other reason why he won't go. This really says a lot about his character. I know that's a difficult thing to face after being with someone for a long time.

What Guys Said 2

• Because he doesn't care and is selfish. He's making it about him.

• Honestly that sounds like a particular situation that a lot of guys wouldent want to go to. What exactly are you going for?

• Like I said I'm not going to mention it, but I'm not pregnant or anything. However, it's kinda life altering and I just need support.

• Fair enough. Ya he's just being a lazy ass. Throw the bum out and let one of us MEN support you.

What Girls Said 1

• This is why they say "actions speak louder than words" i don't know if he talks shit like he loves you and cares etc... But if he does, this is the prime example of actions speaking louder than words.