Have you ever been on a stealth date?

Have you ever found yourself on a date that you weren't aware of because the other person worded it so vaguely when asking you out? How did you feel when you realized the other person thought this was a date?

Thankfully this has never happened to me, though one girl in high school confessed she hoped it was a date when I asked her to hang out?

Most Helpful Girl

• It has happened to me before when I went out with someone who I thought was a friend. He said "Let's go grab something to eat" and then when one of his friends kept texting him he told me how rude it was to interrupt our "date." My response was: "You didn't ask me out on a date..." It was awkward. If you want it to be a date then say it's a damn date.

• "If you want it to be a date then say it's a damn date"

Indeed.

Most Helpful Guy

• Difference between a date and to hang out? Is hanging out always completely non sexual, non sentimental?

• "Is hanging out always completely non sexual, non sentimental?"

Generally yes. Otherwise it's a date.

• Not everyone is open about his/her deep wishes when seeing/hanging out.

What Girls Said 3

• In my situation there is absolutely no way I could be on such a date

• I avoid going out one/one with any guy I don t really like.
    Even if it s just chilling

• No, that has never happened to me.

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, those were ALWAYS better than formal dates because of less formality and pressure, yes indeed.

• Don't you run the risk of it being awkward if the other person is unaware it's a dare?

• Oh, they are certainly aware, at some level..

• Happens to me quite a lot.

• I am terrible at reading women's hints. So there's many times when I've been hanging out with a girl for months without realizing that she considered the vast majority of times we've been together as dates, whereas I had thought that we were just hanging out as friends all along.

A few times, I'd be driving the girl home after an evening of doing something random, and she'd angrily ask me why I wasn't jumping her. One girl waited a year and a half for me to kiss her, and the whole time I thought we were just friends.