Boyfriend Help?

My amazing boyfriend of three years has recently moved to New York. This is a problem because I still live all the way in Colorado. Anyways, he's not in the position to move because he has family issues and he has an amazing career. I'm heading to college this fall, and I'm worried because my dream college that I've been offered a full ride with is here while he is there. I don't want to make him wait for four or five years, but I don't want to skip college. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• You take the full ride. He chose his career and so you should choose your future one..

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll lay out your options for you:
    - You two try to make the long distance relationship work. Considering he has an amazing career he should be in a position to visit you once in a while.
    - You sacrifice for him and move.
    - You sacrifice the relationship for school.

I was in your shoes a year ago and I chose the third option. Unfortunately there is no perfect solution that lets you keep your relationship and your education (unless you make the first one work, which is challenging). If you try to sit on two chairs at once you will fall in between.

I am in no position to assess your situation or choose for you, you need to ask your self: which one is more important, my career/future, or to be with him?

• Yeah I think definitely go to college either way, but still try to make it work as a long distance relationship at first. If it doesn't work then at least you tried and you're still at the college you wanted to go to.

What Guys Said 1

• Do not move to New York. Go to college in Colorado. This is the best advice you will get I am serious.

If you two are meant to be together it will work out :)

What Girls Said 1

• Go to school. Do not skip your education.
    I would try to do long distance only because you have been together for 3 years and have an established relationship already.