When will he make it official?

Hi, so I had sex with this guy that I've known for a few years. We knew each others, just as an acquantiance, we weren't close. But after the sex happened this changed completely, we got to know each other and its been 5 months since that night and were still going out. Im happy and I'm not worried that he hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend. Im just curious why he hasn't done it. He's even told me that he wants this to last and other romantic things.

Does anyone have an idea of what may be going on in his head? Or what would happen?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are feeling unsure and nervous, but the question as to your relationship status should be relayed to him. I reckon, he just doesn't quite know how to put it. Go ask him what is going on in his head, you'll have a confirmed boyfriend by the end of day.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no rush to anything. The more you take your time, the more certain you will feel about the relationship. Right now, all you do know is that there were sparks and that he is interested in being more than friends. I'm assuming this is an exclusive relationship. Wait for a little bit, and see how things go. You should take into consideration whether he has made the two of you public, has taken you out on dates, introduced you to friends/family... you know the signs guys typically show when they are interested in a real relationship. From my own personal experience, I do want you to keep in mind that guys CAN lie. I ended up sleeping with someone who told me he loved me. We planned to get in a relationship and everything was just perfect. Long story short, he told me he wasn't looking for a relationship and would rather have the two of us just have sex. Don't hurt yourself, keep a distance, and be realistic about this as well. Best thing to do right now is ask him upfront what he thinks about a relationship. I really, really, really think you should push the question.

• Yes he has taken me on date and introduced me to his family. The thing is that i just dont want him to assume that I'm his girlfriend without him asking me.

• That is why you need to ask him to clarify what's going on in his head.

What Guys Said 3

• Ain't no telling. Everyone's different. Most guys can sleep with any girl. Me, not so much. I'm very old fashioned. Just wait it out and be patient, or ask him. If you really wanna be with him, you gotta communicate

• He doesn't have to ask you to be his girlfriend to make it official. Some people do but I find it really odd when you've been dating for a while and it's kinda implied that you are his girlfriend. He thinks you get the gist of what's happening and that his feelings and the romantic things he does means you two are an official thing.

• He might just assume that you are and know and it doesn't need to be said. Don't wait for him. Just ask him. Say do you consider me your girlfriend. are we together?

What Girls Said 1

• why would you have sex if you're even his gf? If you want to be treated as exclusive you shoukd at least make from the beginning clear that you want to be more than just friends with benefits coz that's how it looks like to me right now.