This guy i've been on/off with for 6 months told me he wants to start dating me but he went on a date with another girl&wants to see her. Im confused?

We started dating in the beginning of summer but ended up breaking up because I had school and since then we would casually hang out when we were free. A few months ago we both stopped messaging each other and he went on vacation 2 weeks ago and would continuously snapchat, text and call me while he was there telling me how we should go on a date and hang out more when he got back because he misses me. We hung out last week and ended up hooking up. Two days later he messaged me saying he went to a club and was "dancing with people." I didn't make a big deal about it because I didn't want to come off as super jealous but he kept bringing it up and how he was being very flirty. We were supposed to hang out a few days later but he said he was busy and I never heard from him after that so I texted him yesterday to see if he wanted to hang out but he told me he went on a date recently and wants to start seeing her more. Now I'm so confused and really hurt.

What Guys Said 1

• He changed his mind. You were never serious anyway

What Girls Said 1

• It sounds like he sees you as an option B. Do you really want to be thought of as his back-up plan in case if the other girl he sees won't work?

No matter how you answered that question, it seems quite clear that he isn't as interested in you as you are in him. So you know what I recommend? Find another guy to possibly date and do exactly what he did to you. Now, you don't actually have to date someone else, but the point is to send two messages: A. I can live without you if you don't want to be with me and B. You're missing out! Move on without moving on, and try not to contact him again unless if he talks to you first.