Would you consider it a date if the guy offers to pay? Or would it be just friends hanging out?

and he is the one who asked you to go out.

Most Helpful Guy

• It could be either. It depends on the pretense

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't consider it a date unless the guy actually asked me out and made it obvious to me that it was a date. If I'm just hanging out with a friend and he offers to pay, it's still just two friends hanging out. Him offering to pay doesn't suddenly make it a date in my opinion.

• Really, I guess I would have thought a guy would not offer to pay if he did not like her.

• @doctorwhofan23 he may like her but that still doesn't automatically make it a date. In my opinion anyway. If I'm just hanging out with a friend then to me, it's just hanging out. It's not a date.

• So basically you would want a guy to ask you on a date instead of him asking if you want to hang out.

What Guys Said 8

• General rule: If a woman takes money from a man (or things that cost money), its a date.

If you don't want to lead a guy on, or take advantage, then this is the best way to make it clear you're not interested.

• Need more detail, friends will do this, it is called being a gentleman! Doesn't mean it is a date.

• Definitely a date.

• depends, where you friend before this night out - not a date but bill but have been small Or is this a first time together- this is a date.

• It's fuking 20-30 bucks, whoever can pay lol

• depending on where u want and what happened it could be considered a date i usually pay if i go out even if its not a date

• Date

• Offering to pay is most often a way guys try to show that it's a date.

Male friends don't randomly buy other male friends lunch.

What Girls Said 11

• The intentions behind why you guys are hanging out in the first place is what make sit a date. I've had many platonic guy friends pay for my meals. They were just being nice.

• Yes, in most cases it's definitely a date!

• Depends on the guy you're with.
    My best friend always tries to pay for everyone.
    It's normal to pay for a friend.
    Some other guys just hate girls paying.
    Depends on what type of person your friend is and if it's normal for him.

• Depends how he acted on said date aand the location or type of restaurant- causal or fancy?

Normally I say it's not a date since he didn't dress the part or inform me of it being a date

• It's not a date...
    I think because chances are he was just acting like a gentle man would... #chivalry 😘
    Unless he actually asked you out or at least, dropped off a hint or two, I don't think you should read more meaning into it

• Could go either eay

• It's a date

• I wouldn't consider it a date unless we agreed to go on one.

• I'd say it's a date!

• maybe he's just being polite? you have to see how the rest of the day went and if he flirts with you if so then it could mean more than just friends.

• It depends. What vibes did you get during the "date"?