Girls would you like it if your boyfriend created an at home date with you by cooking your favorite dish with champagne on the side?

Or would you think he is too cheap to go to a real restaurant and pay for it. Also assume he is a good cook.

• Most girls would appreciate that.
  • Most girls would think that is cheap.

Most Helpful Girl

• Cheap? With the cost of food these days there nothing cheap about it. Not to mention the guys time making it. Anyone, girl or who would respond so rudely doesn't deserve your time and effort!

And to add to that... I don't understand any girl who simply expects a guy to always pay or spend all their money on a girl with "stuff" ie gifts and dinners out. Esp at your age... Bills, student loans... Savings for your future plans. Your partner should support you with those by encouraging romance and thoughtfulness over how much you spend of your earnings on her.

• I agree with you on that... I spend more money on groceries a month than any other expense even though I have a large garden... If the girl loves you she would love to have you cook for you... If she cares for you ,, even a cheap date is OK What really counts is that you are doing and sharing things together...

• @MasterofYou I think it's beginning to pick up again. Let's be hopeful :-)

• I hope you are right... I always pray it will...

What Girls Said 13

• Here's the thing about restaurants: the food is usually too salty. Make it at home and you get food seasoned exactly the way you like.

• my man cooks for me, and i love it~ he's very talented in the kitchen, and he enjoys it way more than i do (me: "if it takes longer to cook than it does to eat, forget it").

our second date was at his (now our) place; he made me a beautiful pasta supper, and i probably cleared the plate. lol.

• I had a guy do that for me on the third date, I think to me it actually means more to have a man spend the time and effort to do something for a girl than just spending money!

• Guys that can cook and clean up. And make s nice night at home are full of passion and magic and charisma

• That's pretty much the perfect date. I don't drink though. But he could if he liked. So water or juice instead of the champagne and that sounds perfect and romantic and some women have all the luck.

• That sounds amazing. It takes way more time and effort to plan and execute a romantic evening like that than just throw down a credit card. There doesn't even have to be champagne. Maybe some chocolate covered strawberries.

• I think all girls would like that.

• I would love that! I always have to cook the damn food :(

• I think a lot of women would appreciate that gesture!

• I'd be happy with beer

• That sounds really sweet, and good to me! Minus the champagne, I don't drink alcohol. He is more than welcome to enjoy a glass though. I don't like going out to eat all the time, rarely actually. So I can appreciate all of his efforts, then afterwards we can watch Netflix and then head to bed...

• That shows the girl you appreciate her and you care about her. To me, that's the best feeling in the world. It's a great idea. Don't underestimate yourself.

• That would melt my heart.

What Guys Said 0