Help !! I catfished a guy, will he still love me?

I found this guy on a dating site and he is really sweet and cute. We shared pictures of each other, I sent him my real pics, but I told him, I lived in UK , now he insists on visiting me, he lives in America and he already bought flight tickets, the flight is after two months.

The problem is , I am not from UK, I lied.. I am from Egypt and I am a Muslim, I have heard he hates Muslim people, so I had to lie. I also lied and told him my name was "Anna" . I really really love this guy, I know I have to tell him the truth, will he forgive me and still love me?
He said I look beautiful and that he is attracted to my personality.
Someone please help

• He will love you.
  • He will hate you.

Most Helpful Guy

• Tell him as soon as possible! He might be able to cancel his flight (which will save him a lot of money) and make him less angry. Don't be overly dramatic and just tell him you're muslim and not all muslims are terrorists et cetera... Talk to him and be HONEST, you haven't told him really big lies about yourself. He got to know you and he knows how you look. He will still be attracted to you IF he believes you when you tell him the truth. He can be upset by the fact that you lied to him, but he'll hopefully understand when you explain your reasons.

Most Helpful Girl

• First off, tell him today that you don't live in the UK so the poor sap can cancel them (although you gotta be pretty naive to book tickets to another country to visit your beau that you've never met in real life and you haven't discussed the visit with).

Secondly, tell him the whole truth. I highly doubt he will want to be with you and that's totally understandable. If you can lie so easily to him about those important facts then what else could you lie about? You have already shattered the trust and not having a proper relationship I find it highly unlikely that you will be able to get that back... but hey, you could try. No harm in trying... but seriously... tell him today.

What Guys Said 27

• He cannot "still" love you as he never did. He loved someone else who lives in the UK. You, he doesn't even know you. Why would he love you if your religion doesn't allow you to be with non muslim men? Especially since you know he hates your religion?

• Hi her religion allows her marry Christians and Jewish so don't make lame excuses.

• @Darkone1 Religion has never been about making women happy. Only their servitude is required.

• It can when you hold two d/f ideas and no one is ready to surrender.

• What can say? Other than "Perfect Troll" moment lol xP

He should have reconsidered that you could be fabricating shit and not really genuinely want to see him in person. It's better he learn it the hard way, because I really hopes he learns to stay away from anyone or anything that sounded too good to be true.

If I were him, I'd treat going to UK to have a good time by myself and take photos and buy a souvenir or something and realize that you are not truly who you claim you are and move forward and move on, otherwise if he got butt hurt over it, then it's on him to figure it all out on what he is willing to do.

• The majority of your relationship is based on lies, once he finds out (he obviously will) the trust will be gone. I'm not saying he can't work past it, but it's also pretty unlikely.

• I don't know if he will forgive you, but one thing is certain, if you don't tell the truth and he travels it'll be much less likely that he'll forgive you because obviously he won't find you in the UK.

• I don't know about him but I wouldn't trust you after that. There was no reason for you to catfish.

• I will hate you, and I hope he does too.

• How can he love you if you've lied to him and he doesn't really know who you are. Don't be ashamed of who you are, if he doesn't like that you're a muslim then that's his loss! There are plenty of guys out there who would love to go on a date with you!!

• https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXfhPSHUEAAIOHE.jpg

Seriously what were you thinking? I highly doubt that he'll be okay with this.

• He bought the flight tickets to visit you and he trusted you.
    But you lied to him, can you, in any possible universe, not expect him to get mad?

• He will get mad , but can he forgive me if I beg him :(

• It is possible that he may forgive you. Especially if the things you mention aren't all too important to him.

• He bought tickets to the wrong country to come see you

Why WOULDN'T he hate you?

• He could cancel them.

• Not the point
      It's the action

You're a Muslim. If someone has a trait you don't like, wrong-doings associated with that trait are amplified ten-fold

You lied about your name, religion and place of residence. Amplify that by the fact that your religion is the ONE religion he can't stand

It's over. The distrust is gonna kill everything

He probably could've overlooked the fact that you lied about your name, and you maybe could've brought him around to look past your religion, but lying about your country of living, especially if he was about to fly there is damn near unforgivable

Don't expect him to forgive you, but if he does, keep his ass and stop fucking lying

• you had no reason to lie to him yet you did. you let him buy flight tickets to see you and you still haven't told him you dont even live where you say you did? i wouldn't be suprised if he did actually hate you.

• No he just told me randomly that he is visiting after a couple of months, we made no plans

• You done screwed up.

• To be blunt, you fucked up. But then again this guy sounds like he is a bit of a freak, he has bought tickets to meet you after 2 months. Did he talk to you first about coming over or just say hey I bought tickets?

But if you love him, tell him the truth, you will ruin the relationship but if he wants you then you can both start over again.

• Why would anyone want to be with someone who lies about who they are and where they are from. Just tell him the truth now before it is too late. You are like the ones I have seen on the MTV show Catfish. Why start off with a lie. There is no reason for it. You are not a good person for this lie you are letting him believe.

• You shouldn't have lied to him and try to date in your country cuz such relationship usually never work.

• Well you shouldn't have lied buddy

• That's not cat fishing shaking my head. But yeah you blew it for sure now.

• Guy like honest women. Why that is so hard to find baffles me! You have to be honest, or Chang your name to Anna, move to England, and change to a less scary religion.

• he will hate you. not for the fact that you are muslim or from egypt but because you lied to him.

• Don't know about him. I'd certainly look the other way.

• Tell him the truth... if he loves you then he'll give you a chance if not then you know

• The lying is the only thing that would make me hate you. I think he'll hate you.

• Wow, everyone actually bought into your troll post.

• He will not only hate you, but loathe you.

• lolz, could have told him before he bought the tickets

• Most people don't forgive lies, right off the bat, or even in general. The smaller lies turn in to bigger ones eventually

• Sounds like he is in love with the feelings that happened. Might as well follow through since you've done all this lol

What Girls Said 24

• Yeah.. you probably should have fessed up BEFORE he bought the expensive plane tickets that will be equally as expensive to cancel.

• I could pay him back the money and then apologize , cab he then get himself to forgive me :(

• I'm sure if he's smart enough he'll find a way to MAKE you pay him back, regardless of if he forgives you or not.

• You lied to him. You falsified your personality, let him go as far as to buy plane tickets to come and see you and he's racist against Muslims. You're screwed and should have been honest from the start instead of lying for your own selfish reasons. Sorry to be harsh, but that's what you did.

• He gonna hate you for lying. Like me for example. I don't lie I told him this me this my beer gut! hahah This all I got. I wear glasses all the time. lol Ya blah blah! Girl! You should not lie about yourself. Its best to throw your cards on the table and be open. So he knows what he getting into. Beside why would you want a guy who hate where your from?

• He is the best, I only want him

• I love you.
      You are the least jaded person on here.

• @Transigence Oh wow! Thank you.

• You should have stopped talking to him as soon as you found out that he is islamophobic. What do you want with a bigoted jerk anyway? You really shouldn't have let the lie get that far, you are both in the wrong him for being prejudiced and you for being a liar. Time to move on.

• The only thing there is to really do is to tell him the truth. If he hates you for it, he didn't love you in the first place. He loved the persona you put up to hide your real identity. I'm sorry this happened to you. There is a lesson to be learned and that lesson is to not lie.

• Omg why whyy did you do this 😞 Tell
    Him now, it's the only way to know, he will probably get mad but imagine if he goes there and doesn't find you! Even worse!

• That's incredibly selfish. Why on earth did you think that would ever work out? He's going to find out eventually so you lying was not only pointless but highly damaging to BOTH of you. It's more than likely that he'll want nothing to do with you because you're Muslim AND a liar. He'll probably only hate Muslims even more. So good job.

• Tell him right now before he comes. Love is not easy. İ dont think he loves you just being online.

You created a different girl in his mind. It is not you. He will not trust you ; this is what happens when you lie.

• Ummm yeah that would piss me off. How can you expect him to love you when he actually knows nothing about you?

• He will hate you for being a liar. But How have you "heard he hates Muslim people"?

• I think it's best to go your own ways then no? Plus, if he hates someone for their race then he's probably not a sensible person. And the major problem is that you lied so the outcome regardless is going to be dim.
    take care.

• Nahh most likely he will not appreciate you lying to him about who you are. Its a waste of time to be doing that. x

• He will totally ignore you

• I wouldn't necessary say he loves you. In reality, he doesn't really know you at all. You being Muslim is a huge deal in this case. Honestly, I feel as if you owe him the truth. Then you should allow him some time to process that and figure out if he is willing to accept that about you.

• Ok this is not going down well. Deal with the fact he will ignore you forever

• You need Nev and Max bro.

• You shouldn't have lied.

• Just tell him the truth. He will have to find out eventually and he will be more pissed off , if you don't tell him

• Sorry, but you were really dishonest. Even if he forgives you the relationship won't survive as it is based on trust, honesty and communication. He might have hard time trusting you again. Tell him the truth though Asap.

• Sometimes somebody can forgive that happening to them. But come on, he's a bigot who hates your rekifi

• Hates your religion* haha

• I honestly hope he'll hate.

• He might want you more. Because people are attracted to what they hate. He will see you as someone to use, have hardcore sex with, and then leave. Good luck!

• You know muslim women can't marry a man unless he'll convert so bot sure what you're planning.
    If he can't accept you for who you are why would you even want such a guy? Lying is bad not sure if he will trust you though.
    Just move on.

• You lied, so that never goes over well. There will be little or lack of trust. Next time, best to be yourself. If someone doesn't like the real you, they can move along and you can focus on those that like you for you.

But he bought tickets? To the UK but you aren't there? Yeah this doesn't sound like it'll end well.