Why do army wives think they are superior?

I have heard that there are army wives or girlfriends who think they are entitled to everything and think they are superior to women who do not have husbands in the army. I have also heard if one GF/wife was prettier than the rest of was intelligent, untrue gossips will go around and she will be treated with hostility.

On YouTube on a stolen valor video, the army wives/GF kept on harping and mentioning her boyfriend is in the army 1000x. Then they military wedding pictures, quote pictures with how much they loved their soldiers, pictures about their boyfriends being heroes of war. They are not serving in the military so why do SOME of them think they are entitled to everything, think they are superior to others, competitive, jealous and bitch? And since when did their husband's rank represent them as well?

Most Helpful Guy

• There definitely are female's who use their bf/gf) as a status symbol. is like to believe most do not do that, and are just proud of their mate.

What Guys Said 10

• Takes a lot to be a military wife. But to be honest if you group women into a click they will bitch and gossip its always been this way even in schools. These army wives are probably upset at marrying a soldier- Marines those are the guys girls want to fuck!!!

• There are a lot of army wives around, I doubt it that all of them are like that.

• There is lots of silliness regarding this type of thing. It's basically a game of "this is important and it's the hardest thing I've ever done so I deserve respect for it." Now in truth there are 2 types of jobs in the military, infantry and support. One is about ground pounding the other is about supporting ground pounders. So one combat the other not so much. But you will see the support guys bragging and more proud of what they do than you will the guys who actually do stuff. Their wives are the same. People want you to be proud of them especially if they're not frontline they think they deserve big respect as well. As far as what people call "stolen valour," which most times it isn't because it doesn't involve money, that is more or less people who are trying to create drama with silly fools that just want to play dress up. Actual soldiers bullshit way more about what they do than silly civvies playing dress up. It's a pissing contest and that's pretty much all it usually is

• On a side note there are tons of cases of stolen valour where innocent people get catfished on Facebook by people who are trying to smear them because they know the stolen valour loonies just want to bad mouth someone/ anyone because they've got nothing better to do but that crap and they'll put people down without even getting proof first that they've actually impersonated soldiers and stolen money while doing it (which is the definition of the actual crime). Military wives are the worst with this because they don't really know what theyre looking at they just know they want justice to be done. So they'll smear and talk shit without even checking it first. Hey ladies, why don't we go crucify all the airsofters who play dress up? One thing you can be sure of today is that there are people who gab nothing better to do than speak ill of others and create excessive drama

• It the feeling of power and entitlement, it goes straight to some peoples heads sometimes. Soldiers get so much attention and the women love it because they in turn get it to.

• because they're very proud of husbands/boyfriends. i was a combat soldier here in israel, and for much of my service i did 17/4 which is 17 days on base, 4 at home, 17 base, 4 at home, etc etc etc. and when i would go back to base my girlfriend would sit with me at 5 in the morning at the train station until my train came and waited for me there every time i came home. lets not forget the fact that she wanted to seem cool by dating a soldier in the most famous unit in the IDF (my username).

• There's a theory going around called the exchange of power.
    Basically, women become empowered by their partners while men gain an additional weakness. And I'm pretty sure you've had power go to your head at least once in your life.

• Well its total nonsense but think about the idea
    "Your B. F got killed in war" they live with it and that's what make them proud.

• Do they?

• Military benifits.

• And the only reason they marry the guy, is cause he's an army guy, it's like, really?

• Why do people who serve in the military think we should bow down to them and worship them? No draft, not my fault you were dumb enough to risk your life fighting for the interests of big oil companies.

What Girls Said 7

• I think some girls have the idea that they're relationship is somehow stronger than everyone else's because of what they're going through. Personally, my boyfriend's going into the air force and I hate it. I mean I'm proud of him and I'm not shy to say that I'm proud of what he wants to do with his life but I'm not going to assume that my relationship or my status are better because I'm with him. Some girls do it for the status, some girls are just proud of their men. It just depends on the girl

• Just like soldiers, Military wives are making sacrifices for their country as well.

• Well you can't always believe everything you see, hear or read these days.

• lmfao

• Stupid pride. Stupid women. What can u expect from stupidity?

• Same thing applies to cops/firefighters/sports celebrities' wives/girls (where chances of major injury is possible). In GI bride cases, some of it is bravado to mask fear, insecurity, even boredom with the lifestyle; her man is definding your country, for which he will most likely be killed/injured; she won't really see him for a substantial period of time unless he's debilitated or otherwise unfit to serve his country any longer; he's with her long enough to get her pregnant but not long enough to make her feel secure that her universe won't completely disapear in the second it takes to misfire, pull the wrong chord on a chute, etc. etc. Moreover, the community in general is not really welcoming or appreciative of their veterans, so she knows she has a raw deal and just has to make the best of it. Salary and benefits are not what they OUGHT to be, and yet we fully expect our troops to be fully functional and serve us without considering their families and personal obligations to give them a decent lifestyle...

There's more. It's not just about photos, it's about making "the home of the brave" a real thing.

• Well because they cheat a lot?