I'm taller than the guy I'm dating?

I know it seems really shallow but I'm a 20 year old female and I am also 5'11 just about 6 feet tall. I've been tall all my life and I have always wanted to date some one taller than me but for some reason I always get into relationships with guys shorter than me. Does this look bad? I shouldn't care but I do, I want cute wedding pictures you know? How do I stop being shallow? He's a great guy, not the hottest guy, but definitely the smartest nicest guy I have been with in awhile.

Most Helpful Guy

• To stop being shallow- through out your expectations

For the wedding pictures- Take pictures that have a focal point of head/torso while he stands on a stool or something

There's always ways to counter a disagreement, but what is there to disagree on. You know the guy is smart / charming / etc.. I'm missing the point of the problem. Who says that a 6'2 guy will be any better-looking in your wedding pictures than a 4'11 guy? There isn't anything that says that in literature to myself. Granted, it's a stereotype that the woman should be shorter than her significant other, but I hate stereotypes, don't you?

Just ignore your expectations and throw them out the window.

~ ArtistBBoy

What Guys Said 3

• Being a guy, I can tell you that the "good dudes" are few and far between.

But now, you want to narrow the pool even more(as somewhere between 60%-70% of dudes will be your height or shorter.)

You're entitled to your desires, but realize that by having this height requirement, you'll be making your job harder than it already is, and a WHOLE LOT harder than it needs to be.

If you find a good guy, chances are real good he's going to be under 6' tall. Do you really want to throw away something potentially amazing because your wedding pictures might not be what YOU percieve as "perfect?"

That doesn't sound like a feminine notion to me.

• I have to say that yes it is a bit shallow, because your height is above the average. And even though you can't help what you are attracted to, I really think that its a cultural influence/standard.

• I've always heard girls should never date a guy their height or shorter (when the girl is wearing heels). Ultimately it's your life and you can do what you want. But if you have second thoughts now...

What Girls Said 1

• You are not shallow. It's okay to feel more attraction for one thing than another. If we were all equally attracted to every shape and size of person, we would all just date the first person to ask us or to walk by.

So, you will have to sort this out for yourself. If you like this guy enough it will outweigh how you feel about his height. If not, you won't be seeing him for long. I have a girlfriend who is tall and she won't date shorter guys. She does not feel feminine with shorter guys and that is her right to have that desire.