My boyfriend asked me if I will sign a prenup incase we are to get married? He makes more money than me, does that mean that he doesn't trust me?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think 50% of marriages end in divorce so it's a good move I guess for him.

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't mean that. He might trust you a lot but the reality is that many marriages do fail. Over time, you can fall out of love and you can start to dislike your partner. Now, it's not him saying 'oh, this is going to happen and she's going to take all my money' and stuff, but it's him making a very smart decision to protect the both of you in case something does happen and it's ridiculous to think that something won't happen because you can never guarantee that, y'know? It's like taking out property insurance doesn't mean you think your house will get flooded or burnt down but it's just making sure that if something does happen, your future is secure.

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 3

• Its nothing to do with trust, it has everything to do with protecting yourself. My partner earns a hell of a lot more than me, and I signed the agreement, no questions asked. While we are happy today, you never know what tomorrow brings.

• It means he doesn't think the marriage would last... so yeah he doesn't trust you.

• That's exactly what it means